Key to USCe?

00Burdell

Mod Thyself
Staff member
Give him a shot at OC then. I don’t want him recruiting against us.
If he jumps, he won't be recruiting against us anymore than he was recruiting against us when he was at Alabama. I won't address the hypothetical scenario of Key leaving for another line coach Job but I kind of cringe at the idea of Key as OC. Not all line coaches are destined to rise to coordinators. I think part of the reason we paid a king's ransom for Key at OC is because we need the best in the business at OC.

If Key aspires to a coordinator position then he's as good as gone. If he just wants to be the best line coach in the business, there is no reason for him to consider other positions.

Old-Fashioned UGA Hater

Varsity Lurker
I don't see any connections

Just this

No link from there either just talking about a good get, better pay and we suck lol
USCeast can never talk about any other programs sucking. The are the epitome of suck. They had never even won a bowl game until 1994! How ööööing sad is that? And you have a ööööing chicken as your mascot.

GoGATech

Big Dummy
If he jumps, he won't be recruiting against us anymore than he was recruiting against us when he was at Alabama. I won't address the hypothetical scenario of Key leaving for another line coach Job but I kind of cringe at the idea of Key as OC. Not all line coaches are destined to rise to coordinators. I think part of the reason we paid a king's ransom for Key at OC is because we need the best in the business at OC.

If Key aspires to a coordinator position then he's as good as gone. If he just wants to be the best line coach in the business, there is no reason for him to consider other positions.
LOL. He wasn't recruiting against us at Bama. He would 100% be targeting the same guys as us as USCe.

smokey_wasp

Dodd-Like
LOL. He wasn't recruiting against us at Bama. He would 100% be targeting the same guys as us as USCe.
Yeah we competed with them a lot this cycle. Probably don't get Leftwich or Franklin without him.

GoGATech

Big Dummy
So here's the thing to think about. What if it's more about the current situation than the future destination? That is why this could be a very bad thing if it happens.

smokey_wasp

Dodd-Like
So here's the thing to think about. What if it's more about the current situation than the future destination? That is why this could be a very bad thing if it happens.
To me, it makes no sense for him to do a lateral move to a school where it's actually gonna be way harder to get to a conference championship game unless he no longer trusts the process here. So I hope this is a leverage move somehow.

jts1207

Memes posted are not fact checked for accuracy
And just when I though 2020 was over.....ffs

GoGATech

Big Dummy
By the way... Key's last follow on twitter was Marcus Satterfield.

Architorture23

If ur players know u luv them, then u already won.
If Key leaves now then he's a punk. But it doesn't make any sense to me.

GoGATech

Big Dummy
Numbers I'm hearing offered are in the $850-$900k range with a CO-OC/run game coordinator title added.