Key to USCe?

Numbers I'm hearing offered are in the $850-$900k range with a CO-OC/run game coordinator title added.

Doesn't he already have those titles here?

If he leaves, I'll be most baffled by why he came here in the first place. Seems like he could have gotten a similar deal or better by sticking it out at Bama for a couple more years.

Like I said before, if he leaves, it will ultimately not be about the money. But that's the money we will be having to compete with also apparently.

Post the rumor
It was posted as a screen cap...

7D315BEF-1F40-4DB2-B5C2-0B34ECDA04D6.jpeg

Well Will Friend followed Bobo to Auburn so I wouldn't bank on that site.

Yeah that particular page was updated on Dec 8, my b.

Anyways, like I said, I have my other reasons. But FBS is a great way to see if something is real or just rumor.

Seems like it'd be a great way to burn bridges to your alma mater. If he left to be the true OC somewhere, I could respect that decision, but not this...

Like I said before, if he leaves, it will ultimately not be about the money. But that's the money we will be having to compete with also apparently.

I'm hoping it all ends up being much ado about nothing. But if it's not, and he wants out badly enough to move to Columbia to play for 3rd/4th place in the SEC East, then I suppose there's not much to be done.

If he jumps, he won't be recruiting against us anymore than he was recruiting against us when he was at Alabama. I won't address the hypothetical scenario of Key leaving for another line coach Job but I kind of cringe at the idea of Key as OC. Not all line coaches are destined to rise to coordinators. I think part of the reason we paid a king's ransom for Key at OC is because we need the best in the business at OC.

If Key aspires to a coordinator position then he's as good as gone. If he just wants to be the best line coach in the business, there is no reason for him to consider other positions.

He was OC at UCF.

$600K to $900k is a hell of a raise, if so.

Back