Kicky McCrappo

kicks are all about timing and practice. moving the ball further back would mess with the timing of the kicker and holder and upset the flow.

a blocked kick should never happen if you line up correctly to prevent the D from getting there. unless they have a guy with just incredible ups or speed on the team. even then, you should be able to prevent it by the way you line up

i guess you have never played football
I have and thats my point. I played for a small private school with 25 players. I was the long snapper also. If i can do it, it cant be that öööö hard. Thats my point.

maybe you should try out for a college or pro team then? you know, since you can and apparently nobody else in the known football universe can other than you

(and btw, you werent the kicker and i doubt most snappers can change the place they snap it to without getting knocked on their asses, run over, and being the cause of the blocked attempt)

Didnt say nobody else could or that I was any better at it than anybody. Just stating my opinion. You're the one taking the personal shots at me, dick. Don't get your panties in a bunch.

I have a similar thought for snapping the ball through the QB's legs and to the BBack. The QB and OL roll left, the Bback and the ball roll right and Laskey has a run / throw / throw away option. It seems like the MLB and DT's key on the B-back while the rest of the defense is following the play / assignments. Have the play side WR pseudo-block the QB and then run a go route. Maybe on 3rd and 1 from go-for-it range and fake the QB follow. That way, go for it on 4th and 1 if it fails.

I'd like to hear thoughts, even though I never played in the NFL.

Didnt say nobody else could or that I was any better at it than anybody. Just stating my opinion. You're the one taking the personal shots at me, dick. Don't get your panties in a bunch.

im just pointing out that since nobody does it, it seems like there is a reason for it

and i am not taking personal shots at you. please dont take my general online assholish persona personal. read my disclaimer in my signature

and have a nice day! (that is not meant sarcastically)

(and btw, you werent the kicker and i doubt most snappers can change the place they snap it to without getting knocked on their asses, run over, and being the cause of the blocked attempt)

It's a penalty to engage the long snapper until after 1 second. If the long snapper looks up to block it's fair game.

I’ll have you know I drafted top of the first round in the NFL draft, and I’ve been involved in numerous secret long snapping techniques taught by Al-Quaeda, and I have over 300 confirmed long snaps without a single block. I am trained in arm locking and cut blocking and I’m the top long snapper in the entire National Football League. You are nothing to me but just another target. I will block you with precision the likes of which has never been seen before on this Earth, mark my game plan. You think you can get away with saying that to me over the Internet? Think again, you pop warner peewee. As we speak I am contacting my secret network of long snappers across the USA and your IP is being traced right now so you better prepare your knees, maggot. The storm that wipes out the pathetic little thing you call your ACL. You’re dead, kid. I can be anywhere, anytime, and I can block you in over seven hundred ways, and that’s just with my bare hands. Not only am I extensively trained in long snapping, but I have access to the entire arsenal of Roger Goodell and I will use it to its full extent to pancake your miserable rear off the line on scrimmage, you little wimp. If only you could have known what unholy retribution your little “clever” comment was about to bring down upon you, maybe you would have held your tongue. But you couldn’t, you didn’t, and now you’re paying the price, you football illiterate idiot. I will long snap fury all over you and you will drown in it. You’re dead, kiddo.

It's a penalty to engage the long snapper until after 1 second. If the long snapper looks up to block it's fair game.

did not know that, must be a newish rule. when i played that was the MO taught the Nose-guards. "run over the center, next time he might not get the snap right"

you can run over the center. But not a long snapper. Not sure if the rule is newish, but I don't think so.

I've wondered why when the ball is on the hash mark they don't snap it towards the middle of the field to make the angle for the kicker easier. It isn't really that difficult to snap it at an angle.

I’ll have you know I drafted top of the first round in the NFL draft, and I’ve been involved in numerous secret long snapping techniques taught by Al-Quaeda, and I have over 300 confirmed long snaps without a single block. I am trained in arm locking and cut blocking and I’m the top long snapper in the entire National Football League. You are nothing to me but just another target. I will block you with precision the likes of which has never been seen before on this Earth, mark my game plan. You think you can get away with saying that to me over the Internet? Think again, you pop warner peewee. As we speak I am contacting my secret network of long snappers across the USA and your IP is being traced right now so you better prepare your knees, maggot. The storm that wipes out the pathetic little thing you call your ACL. You’re dead, kid. I can be anywhere, anytime, and I can block you in over seven hundred ways, and that’s just with my bare hands. Not only am I extensively trained in long snapping, but I have access to the entire arsenal of Roger Goodell and I will use it to its full extent to pancake your miserable rear off the line on scrimmage, you little wimp. If only you could have known what unholy retribution your little “clever” comment was about to bring down upon you, maybe you would have held your tongue. But you couldn’t, you didn’t, and now you’re paying the price, you football illiterate idiot. I will long snap fury all over you and you will drown in it. You’re dead, kiddo.

bring it puss. i have had two ACL reconstructions on my right knee and im still here making brash comments. you cant tear my ACL bad enought to get me to not talk. and i wont need a network to find you. ill just trace the scent of überpuss with my most excellent, and thank the Lord for making me one of the chosen ones, rather large nose

Sam mcnearney. An aback at tech. His cousin married jimmy kimmel. The photo that op posted was from the jimmy kimmel show.

When was Sam McNearney an Aback at Tech? Why are we talking about him? Why did he send Jimmy Kimmel a picture of Butker?

How come you never see this? Even on a regular field goal attempt, or sometimes a PAT to tie or take the lead, I know numerous times I can remember them being blocked. Why not give yourself a couple extra yards of cushion? Seems to me 2 yards would make a world of difference in whether a defender can get there to block. Plus if they've been practicing blocks and timing, you're essentially throwing the defenders natural angle off too.

Teams take a lot of practice snaps to make it work right. And they do most of those at seven because the general view is that, at that range, you'd have to screw up to get it blocked or be facing someone with insane speed and timing who occasionally gets lucky.

That's kind of irrelevant though. Those two yards aren't going to make it much harder to block unless your trajectory is insanely high.

Didn't this play happen to us against UGA in '07? Could have sworn I remembered a play where they muffed a punt and came out of the pile with the ball in the endzone for a TB.

The key to these plays is understanding the "impetus" of the ball and who is responsible for that impetus.

The impeetus imparted by a player who kicks, passes, snaps, or fumbled a ball is responsible for the ball's progress even if it is defelected or reversed after striking the ground, or tougching a player of either team. So, Georgie muffed the punt--they didn't fumble--so the impetus was still ours. But, if a Georgie player had batted outside of the endzone into the endzone, that would change things.

So, to put it in english:

Georgie player muffs the kick at the three yard line. The ball rolls into the endzone. If the ball goes out of bounds, it is a touchback and Georgie retains possession. If it is inbounds, and Georgie recovers it, it is a touchback and Georgie retains possession. If GT recovers it, and the recovering player is in bounds, it is a TD. If GT recovers it but the player is out-of-bounds when doing so, it is a touch back, and Georgie retains possession.

Georgie player muffs the kick at the three yard line. The ball rolls forward and a Georgie player, attempting to prevent GT from recovering boots the ball out of the back of the endzone by kicking it. In that case, it is a safety, because the Georgie player kicked or batted the ball after it had struck the ground and changed its direction. If he just kicks it a little and it rolls into the endzone, and Georgie recovers, it would be a safety. If GT recovers, in bounds in the endzone, it is a TD. If instead of Georgie never touches the ball, no muff, and the kicked ball bounces forward, and we kick or bat the loose ball into the endzone, it is Georgie ball, a touch back, and an foul for an illegal touch.

Keep in mind that the original impetus does not change when a loose ball is batted or kicked in the endzone.

The prinicple is that until the ball hits the ground and a player changes direciton, the kicking team is responsible for the ball's impetus.

Georgie player muffs the ball in the endzone,

The key to these plays is understanding the "impetus" of the ball and who is responsible for that impetus.

The impeetus imparted by a player who kicks, passes, snaps, or fumbled a ball is responsible for the ball's progress even if it is defelected or reversed after striking the ground, or tougching a player of either team. So, Georgie muffed the punt--they didn't fumble--so the impetus was still ours. But, if a Georgie player had batted outside of the endzone into the endzone, that would change things.

So, to put it in english:

Georgie player muffs the kick at the three yard line. The ball rolls into the endzone. If the ball goes out of bounds, it is a touchback and Georgie retains possession. If it is inbounds, and Georgie recovers it, it is a touchback and Georgie retains possession. If GT recovers it, and the recovering player is in bounds, it is a TD. If GT recovers it but the player is out-of-bounds when doing so, it is a touch back, and Georgie retains possession.

Georgie player muffs the kick at the three yard line. The ball rolls forward and a Georgie player, attempting to prevent GT from recovering boots the ball out of the back of the endzone by kicking it. In that case, it is a safety, because the Georgie player kicked or batted the ball after it had struck the ground and changed its direction. If he just kicks it a little and it rolls into the endzone, and Georgie recovers, it would be a safety. If GT recovers, in bounds in the endzone, it is a TD. If instead of Georgie never touches the ball, no muff, and the kicked ball bounces forward, and we kick or bat the loose ball into the endzone, it is Georgie ball, a touch back, and an foul for an illegal touch.

Keep in mind that the original impetus does not change when a loose ball is batted or kicked in the endzone.

The prinicple is that until the ball hits the ground and a player changes direciton, the kicking team is responsible for the ball's impetus.

Georgie player muffs the ball in the endzone,

Per my previous post, what I saw was the dwag muff the punt on the Ten ydline and then turn around, chase the ball to the two, and TRY to pick it up. When he tries to pick it up, he bats/kicks it into the end zone. On the second one, the impetus came from the blocker's helmet.

Per my previous post, what I saw was the dwag muff the punt on the Ten ydline and then turn around, chase the ball to the two, and TRY to pick it up. When he tries to pick it up, he bats/kicks it into the end zone. On the second one, the impetus came from the blocker's helmet.

As long as he's trying to pick it up it doesn't count. He would have to intentionally bat the ball to "change the impetus", as TechSBP put it. And they're usually very liberal with the interpretation; it has to be blatantly intentional.

Back