KQ reporting Goose is a no

LagrangeJacket

Dodd-Like
No reason to give BK a raise. At best, if you think $600k isnt enough to get 110% out of him, give him some incentives. Like $200k for a bowl. Or $4^x where x is the number of wins. Win one game you get four dollars. Make a bowl you get $4096. Win 9 and you are talking a little over $250k and 10 is a little over $1M. AA would need to spend a little bit on insurance for 11+ wins but based on likelihood it would cost about three fifty.
I've thought we should do something like this for a head coach. Offer $500k/win. If you win it all, you're paid in the top 10 for college football coaches. 7 wins puts you right where we'd pay you anyway. And if you hire a gef, at least you haven't broken the bank for suckitude.

smokey_wasp

Dodd-Like
So many dumb posts here

No KQ didn't make this up to get clicks. I realize it's TIC but it's also stupid, especially since subscriptions would come in at a time like this.

No, we won't get Mullen. Not a chance. He'll likely get a head coach job somewhere.

This coaching search is still early, but what if the uncertainty and hot seat of Collins turns everyone off, even with multi-year deals? If no decent OCs and DCs want a part of the geoff regime, and the continuation of that regime is dependent on getting good coordinators, we just need to clean house.
I don't think he made it up. I do wonder if it might have been one of those deals where you float an offer to a respected alum and he takes it back to his employer to work himself a better deal.

I am not too worried about no one taking the job. A good G5 coordinator will jump at the chance if the money and terms are right (and we don't get outbid). There are certainly guys out of our range, regardless of who the coach is.

gtfan088

Dodd-Like
This coaching search is still early, but what if the uncertainty and hot seat of Collins turns everyone off, even with multi-year deals? If no decent OCs and DCs want a part of the geoff regime, and the continuation of that regime is dependent on getting good coordinators, we just need to clean house.
Of course cleaning house is what we should have done from the jump. At this point, it would just look laughably ad hoc, though. Right after firing three coaches and preserving the rest of the staff, going back and being like, "uhh, actually you're all fired."

smokey_wasp

Dodd-Like
But why do we want Godsey as HC after Collins? Or ever? I am just genuinely mystified. He really is the Mark Price of football, I guess.

Or I am actually the one who is crazy, because I was all in on Collins til a few weeks ago. That must be it

ScionOfSouthland

Dodd-Like
I’m posting from the school book depository in Dallas right now where I am waiting for the return of Art Briles

gtphd

What a time to be alive
I’m posting from the school book depository in Dallas right now where I am waiting for the return of Art Briles
If only there was someone on StingTalk actively pushing for us to hire Art Briles back in 2016 and has specifically made over 91 posts from 2016-2019 on the topi

May 26, 2016.

Are we making a run at him? I like CPJ, but Briles would take this program to the next level.

SMoney

Dodd-Like
I've thought we should do something like this for a head coach. Offer $500k/win. If you win it all, you're paid in the top 10 for college football coaches. 7 wins puts you right where we'd pay you anyway. And if you hire a gef, at least you haven't broken the bank for suckitude.
Can’t do an even distribution per win. UGaG should be worth more than UNI…

18in32

Petard Hoister
I can't imagine very many desirable coaches would take this deal. In a profession as volatile and uncertain as football, guaranteed dollars is what it's all about. Anybody remember Master P's contract for Ricky Williams?

Gobees

Jolly Good Fellow
UK AD was very smart in how he handled this. Would love TStan to be so smart.
6 years seems a little long, but starting the earned extensions about year 4 for a new coach seems about right.

Screenshot 2021-11-30 at 7.20.46 PM.jpeg

Liberty

Kayar hunu bhanda marnu ramro
Everybody knows our HC is on the hottest of hot seat EXCEPT whoever is calling the shots. Somehow they think we all think everything is ok on The Flats with the meaningless pronouncements and the sacrifice of 2 defensive assistants and our ineffective OC. Do they no think we saw how many times Key’s OL looked completely clueless, poorly coached, etc? Do they not understand we know our defense is ranked 111th and everybody knows our DC should have been shown the door first (maybe 2nd behind the HC)? I have no idea how they’re so out of touch. They must think that none of the individuals they’re recruiting to fill our open OC spot understands any of this & they’re oblivious to the fact that it’s highly likely they could be ushered out after the seemingly inevitable implosion next year when the new HC mans up his staff.

PressManCoverage

Banhammer'd
Ban Hammer'd
Great idea!

However, there are 65 P5 Jobs and another 30 (maybe the Top Half of G5) that pays 7 figures to a Coach that can win Games.

That's roughly 100 Jobs with 10 to 20 opening up each year.

If we do what you suggest, we'll end up with the worst candidate, or the Job might go unfilled with a quality candidate.

We just don't have the leverage to do things like this