Lack of talent on D

H-town

Helluva Engineer
I don't remember when we had less talent. Three years of subpar recruiting does this to you. Maybe in 94 when we finally got rid of Lewis.

A lot can be blamed on Roof for failing to adjust, but lack of talent is killing us.

I don't remember when we had less talent. Three years of subpar recruiting does this to you. Maybe in 94 when we finally got rid of Lewis.

A lot can be blamed on Roof for failing to adjust, but lack of talent is killing us.

If you are going to start a thread, you might want to do some research on the topic you are posting about.

Or you can just look like a dumbass.

What's inaccurate about what he said? Our defensive recruiting is subpar. Piss poor.

Guys, you can tell yourselves differently as long as you like, but the system that helps us move the ball on O, even with marginal talent, also is the system that is used very effectively to dissuade even defensive players from coming to Tech. They are told over and over about seeing that O run in spring, and how they will see limited practice against well run "NFL" type offenses. is this bull? yes, but it does work.

If you are going to start a thread, you might want to do some research on the topic you are posting about.

Czar? Is that you?

Clit, I mean coif, I mean coit. What kind of a name is Coit? Dumb name. I shall call you clitorus from here on out.

We do lack talent -Big 5 talent. We lost our 2 best D players to graduation ..lost JHD and well, the results speak for themselves.

It does feel like the late 90's all over again.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm actually curious as to what the hell you're talking about.

Dear clitorus

I am waiting for your reply. Please enlighten us with your amazing football genius.

I remember hearing 1999 had to have several walk-ons.

It's not true at all to say GT has "FCS talent." What is true is, while we have Big 5 talent, we always seem to have smaller classes and there always seems to be a need at some position to start true Freshmen or Sophomores. We'll get players with offers for ACC and SEC schools, but those schools always have more of them and so they start Juniors and Seniors more often.

While we lack talent at on the line, we have decent talent at LB and DB. Unfortunately, there's some schematic issues that require talent at DE and our youth is affecting us all around. This may be the worst defense in school history, but it's not the least talented.

Clitorus,

Are you happy with our recruiting on Defense?

Guys, you can tell yourselves differently as long as you like, but the system that helps us move the ball on O, even with marginal talent, also is the system that is used very effectively to dissuade even defensive players from coming to Tech. They are told over and over about seeing that O run in spring, and how they will see limited practice against well run "NFL" type offenses. is this bull? yes, but it does work.

Is it bull? Not so sure,

It is true that we have a lack of talent but that can be somewhat overcome with a good scheme and great coaching (tackling, awareness, positioning). We lack those two things, so our talent deficiency is magnified.

If you don't know why we have a lack of talent on D, you don't know enough about the team to be calling out the coach.

Do some research and come back. I'm not going to do it for you.

While we lack talent at on the line, we have decent talent at LB and DB. Unfortunately, there's some schematic issues that require talent at DE and our youth is affecting us all around. This may be the worst defense in school history, but it's not the least talented.

Man, Groh's 2012 D still takes the cake and that was with Attachou on the team.

Why the F do we run a "bend but don't break defense," when we have the most inflexible coach in college football? I need more MF rock. This paper and scissors crap is ridiculous.

Back