Last Day of Paul Johnson as our coach

2018 Offensive Efficiency Rankings
WVU - 8
OK State - 28
NC St - 13
Mizzou - 12
Cuse - 52
GT - 17

We had a better offense than 2 of those teams even in a down year for us, and the other 3 have future 1st round draft picks at QB. Not sure if those are fair examples of doing more with less. When we had even a good college QB we were better on offense than any of those teams.

Agree 100% on wanting a better defense, though.

I'm just pointing out that this idea that we're inevitably going to fall off a cliff offensively if we're not recruiting in the top 25 is silly. There are plenty of programs not annually recruiting in the top 25 who manage to be productive.

I also think there's a contingent of our fan base who have forgotten that it's not necessary to have a top 20 offense if your defense is solid. The ultimate goal is to win games, which seems lost on a lot of the hardcore pro and anti-CPJ fonts.

no, it's about how we can't possibly duplicate his 7 win average success without top 25 classes.

Well, we may never know since the TNR will be pulling in top 10 classes most years and only top 25 classes in down years.

bro didn't you hear johnson? just move some of the lineman over to TE and a couple of the 37 RBs on the roster to WR. instant 9 win team. he says so and he's an offensive genius so I believe him.
You replying to your alt?

I don't believe I ever said that, or even implied it. I'm optimistic about CGC - I just don't get why some of you still feel the need to öööö on CPJ's legacy.
Because he is an *** hole

2018 Offensive Efficiency Rankings
WVU - 8
OK State - 28
NC St - 13
Mizzou - 12
Cuse - 52
GT - 17

We had a better offense than 2 of those teams even in a down year for us, and the other 3 have future 1st round draft picks at QB. Not sure if those are fair examples of doing more with less. When we had even a good college QB we were better on offense than any of those teams.

Agree 100% on wanting a better defense, though.
waiting for someone to say, 'but we play cupcakes'

My thoughts on it being his last day.
giphy.gif

So what are all the PJ fanboys going to say about today's sh*t show of a game? I mean, only a genius calls QB keep left, QB keeper right, QB up the middle, QB throw up a prayer into triple coverage, BB dive once per set of downs. I just named our offense 99% of the time and I'm not even joking.

Our special teams have been terrible, our defense has been terrible, and these last few years so has our offense. We fans should be thankful he quit.

Back