Last play of the game

Regardless of what they do, I think it's fair to say at the very least they owe an explanation of why it wasn't targeting or an admission they F'd it up. From my seat, they clearly F'd it up.
Looking back at my game recording, per the announcers, the ACC command center said “Forcible contact to the head and neck area but no indicator for targeting.” Whatever the hell that means. That was obviously targeting.

Looking back at my game recording, per the announcers, the ACC command center said “Forcible contact to the head and neck area but no indicator for targeting.” Whatever the hell that means. That was obviously targeting.

Guess they deemed King NOT defenseless. What a crock.

Guess they deemed King NOT defenseless. What a crock.
DL for Syracuse had King's legs completely wrapped up - King could not have moved one inch under any circumstances. The no-call was utterly baffling.

I have little doubt we filed some sort of something with the ACC office which, I'm sure, has emails from GT auto-routed to their spam folder.

DL for Syracuse had King's legs completely wrapped up - King could not have moved one inch under any circumstances. The no-call was utterly baffling.

I have little doubt we filed some sort of something with the ACC office which, I'm sure, has emails from GT auto-routed to their spam folder.
Couldn't agree more. One of the more egregious no calls regarding targeting I've seen.

Regarding the spitting, players said that Syracuse players were spitting on them, Lockett did it back and of course retaliation is always the one that gets caught.

So what happens with that, now? The hey missed it during the game, it didn’t change the outcome, that’s fine. But the ACC should either have to explain it or determine after the fact it was targeting and make the player ineligible for the next game
Pretty sure it wasn’t targeting because he didn’t launch or hit him with the crown. It should have been roughing the passer for the blow to the head, but that part wasnt reviewable.

We got away with uncalled late hits too; Jaylon king blasted their RB when he was 3 yards deep in the endzone. A number of times we were slamming their guys way after the whistle. It was a chippy game for sure, but i didn’t walk away feeling either team was dirty.

The hit on King would be a perfect slide for a presentation on “What Qualifies As Targeting?” Blatant incompetence by refereeing crew for not calling a personal foul for late hit, in addition to targeting.

I think it definitely fit the definition of targeting but I don't remember it being particularly late or dirty. He didn't launch or spear.

I was confident it was going to be one of those, "I know you weren't trying to hurt the guy but they'll call that one every time." Of course it turns out that they apparently don't call that one every time...

We got away with uncalled late hits too; Jaylon king blasted their RB when he was 3 yards deep in the endzone. A number of times we were slamming their guys way after the whistle. It was a chippy game for sure, but i didn’t walk away feeling either team was dirty.

I definitely walked away thinking that one guy on 'Cuse was dirty after the end of the game. But other than that, agreed it was mostly chippiness from both sides.

I was really upset that our guy got ejected for spitting though, and am surprised to see people trying to justify it. Even if they did it first, you don't spit back; knock them on their ass if you want, even if it's after the play, but don't spit back.

I definitely walked away thinking that one guy on 'Cuse was dirty after the end of the game. But other than that, agreed it was mostly chippiness from both sides.

I was really upset that our guy got ejected for spitting though, and am surprised to see people trying to justify it. Even if they did it first, you don't spit back; knock them on their ass if you want, even if it's after the play, but don't spit back.
Yea 0 crossed the line; but Horace Hockett did too. It is what it is.

Cuse 0 was dirty and didn’t care. Cuse tried to sub him off and he wave them off. A good, smart ref would have thrown him out of the game on the 2nd to last play. Lucky there wasn’t a fight.

I think that is what Dino apologized for.

Pretty sure it wasn’t targeting because he didn’t launch or hit him with the crown. It should have been roughing the passer for the blow to the head, but that part wasnt reviewable.
It was textbook targeting. There doesn't have to be a launch or contact by the crown of the helmet. One of the instances of targeting is "forcible contact to the head/neck area of a defenseless player." A QB in the pocket is considered a defenseless player, and on top of that, he was already being tackled around the lower legs so he was most definitely defenseless.

It was textbook targeting. There doesn't have to be a launch or contact by the crown of the helmet. One of the instances of targeting is "forcible contact to the head/neck area of a defenseless player." A QB in the pocket is considered a defenseless player, and on top of that, he was already being tackled around the lower legs so he was most definitely defenseless.
Anyone saying this was t targeting is basically being @coit

61C8D67D-BF9E-4D4C-8708-C38906D02DAE.png

So what happens with that, now? The hey missed it during the game, it didn’t change the outcome, that’s fine. But the ACC should either have to explain it or determine after the fact it was targeting and make the player ineligible for the next game
And the Syracuse player should get suspended for their last game.

Cuse 0 was dirty and didn’t care. Cuse tried to sub him off and he wave them off. A good, smart ref would have thrown him out of the game on the 2nd to last play. Lucky there wasn’t a fight.

I think that is what Dino apologized for.
hes-an-angry-elf-buddy-the-elf.gif

Dude was like 5'2".

Back