Laughing Players Should Leave the Team

deacjacket

Varsity Lurker
I caught the Vandy game and sat about the 20th row in the Tech section. When Vandy took the 17-10 lead late in the 4th, a nearby fan shouted out at a Tech player (I'll protect the name) about laughing and then proceeded to run down and chew the guy out from the 1st row rail.
My little group applauded the Tech fan. I do not believe Tech fans should boo players who fail to execute when they bust their butt for their team. However, any player who gives half effort or takes light to anything WHEN YOU FACE LOSING TO VANDERBILT deserves reprimand from anyone in the Tech community.
Who knows why the guy laughed -- I do know every other single player or fan I looked at when we faced a Vandy humiliation looked very sad. No one else chose the time to recollect their favorite "nun in a bar" joke.
And the player involved is unlikely to play in a game (this is a guy of the walk-on variety). However, a strong program should have only people who give their all and suffer/rejoice as much as starters. Otherwise, anyone who feels little concern about a loss should just play intramurals.

deac, agree wholeheartedly. To me, football, or any competition is giving your all to WIN. There is (in my make-up) no room for laughfter, lightness, nor easy forgetfullness). I have seen players laughing, joking, kidding before and after games since 1956: I detest it!! Sorry, folks, when I or my team is on the field, it is war...and losers of war do not laugh/joke!!! Anyone who does, did not give thier body and soul!!!!!!1

GOOD POST!!!

Originally posted by deacjacket:
When Vandy took the 17-10 lead late in the 4th, a nearby fan shouted out at a Tech player (I'll protect the name) about laughing and then proceeded to run down and chew the guy out from the 1st row rail.
My little group applauded the Tech fan. I do not believe Tech fans should boo players who fail to execute when they bust their butt for their team. However, any player who gives half effort or takes light to anything WHEN YOU FACE LOSING TO VANDERBILT deserves reprimand from anyone in the Tech community.
<font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">I was at the Vandy game and it was pitiful. Click here for further explanation.

However, for some fan to go down to row 1 and start yelling at the players is asinine....especially when there is no way that the fan could have known what the player was smiling about.

The players are doing the best they can with the hand that has been (unfortunately) dealt them.

BW: It is not the first time time you have confused me.....Explain, please. I appreciate greatly your knowledge of football. Here I do not know if I agree with you or not.

Originally posted by techsamillion:
BW: It is not the first time time you have confused me.....Explain, please. I appreciate greatly your knowledge of football. Here I do not know if I agree with you or not.
<font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">What he is saying is to pity the players because they cannot help the fact that their coach sucks so bad. (That's what HE'S saying, not me)

Originally posted by beeware:
</font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">Originally posted by deacjacket:
When Vandy took the 17-10 lead late in the 4th, a nearby fan shouted out at a Tech player (I'll protect the name) about laughing and then proceeded to run down and chew the guy out from the 1st row rail.
<font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">I was at the Vandy game and it was pitiful.

However, for some fan to go down to row 1 and start yelling at the players is asinine....especially when there is no way that the fan could have known what the player was smiling about.

The players are doing the best they can with the hand that has been (unfortunately) dealt them.
</font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">For a second, I thought you were going to make a respectable post, but you just had to put that last line in there.

If what you see is correct, Jacket, I agree wholeheartedly..........AS for me, me and my house will alway root for the Jackets (from water boy to coach (including team of course).

</font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">Originally posted by deacjacket:
<font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">I was at the Vandy game and it was pitiful. Click here for further explanation.

</font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">

</font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">Sorry, everybody. I haven't quoted much and had a slipup.
Beeware,
The guy didn't chew out players, just one player who laughed at a bad time. I understand you think it's asinine, but a shout like "If you think our team losing is funny, then leave the team" is appropriate and warranted. I've seen Tech players laugh after a Georgia loss and that just makes me sick. And also makes me wonder how much a player cares or dedicates himself.

You look at guys like Kelly Rhino after a loss and you realize quite a contrast with players who act lighthearted. Players who battle their guts out don't deserve lighthearted fare on the sidelines.

Beeware: It is true that you exhibit more pure football knowledge than I do; however, I am (inconsideration of O'Leary's last year) in disagreement that "It is pitiful how far our program has sunk under the weight of the Resume." O'L left a mess or he would not have left, even for N.D. Getting out as quickly as he did (WITHOUT an HONEST RESUME, displays his desperation. He knew, he was in for a second bad year in a row.) And had talent that would not succeed.
O'Leary had to make some changes if he had continued another year or he would have certainly been canned. O'B did not get the job done and neither did Roof. You may not remember , but he was on the edge of the hot seat. He had to make some changes in the staff, or make some changes geographically!!! I can speak from the inside on this one!!!!!!

Beeware says: "I went to the game in Nashville and I saw a completely outmanned Vanderbilt team nearly beat us because of the total ineptitude of our head coach." Beeware: You do not know that: anyway: WE WON, so that NEGATES your STATEMENT. In case you have forgotton, the final scored decides who wins, and "nearly" (as you have heard and probably stated, counts only in horsehoes.)

Beeware says: "Chan may be the most offensive offensive coordinator in all of football"
Rebuttal: "On the other hand, he may not be.Who knows what the future holds; especially if naysayers such as you will get off his back."

Beeware says: "If Vandy's coach had our players and Chan had Vandy's players, Vandy's coach would have beaten us by 5 TD's or more"
Crap, you spue it, stand in it, and continually dish it out. You must sleep in hipboots......You do not know your aXX from Thursday!!!!!!
Fact is : WE WON!!!!!!!

Beeware says: "You FOCers can stick your heads in the sand or up Gailey's arse all you want to...but it is pitiful.....and I mean PITIFUL....what is being allowed to happen to our program."
Hey, mister, do you think because you had a son in the band, you have a right to speak so ignorantly? Pitiful. Pitiful.
You have been around for awhile; probably not as long as I have or most of TRue Techsters have;your nose has been squeezed into O'L's and Mac's butt till you have to breathe through your mouth; but your ignorance of Tech football is stupendous. We "FOCers" as you call us, are first of all, "TECHSTERS".......Most of us have been around longer than you have and we have endured sadness more than you (otherwise, your crockidile(sp) tears would not smear every post you make) Hey, we are old timers, you, are RELATIVELY new.....stick around, son, and learn how to support TECH.!!!

Beeware says: "Under Chan's guidance, if we play like we did in Nashville, we will win very few, if any, games the rest of the year."
Hey DUMBO......WE WON, now you, re: the rest of the season "HIDE, AND WATCH"!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Chan, the worst hire in GT history????? Sonny, you have not been around as long as I at first thought.

BeeWare took shot at me on an earlier post, I don't even bother. It's like when a Pinto goes flying by a Porche on the highway, it sure doesn't mean the Pinto is faster.

On players that laugh after a game. I don't like that a bit, either. I've had to mend fences after FLAG football games, much less after those when the pads were on. (actually, I never bothered to mend those fences)

People think I'm a nice guy, but even I truly HATE anyone on the other side of a football line of scrimmage. I don't want anyone on my team that doesn't feel the same way.

Somebody is going to walk out a loser, and if they can try to do that to me, I don't see any reason not to give it back harder and meaner.

Besides, when you are on a football field, you are really just taking up for your friends. Are you really going to put up with someone else taking your friend's ball? HELL NO. Dammit! That's MY ball!

It was one thing for you to push me around, but now, you tried to take my FRIEND'S ball? Are you out of your f*$#@*g MIND?!

And then you tried to chase down my friend and throw him on the ground, just because he wanted to throw the ball to my other friend?! Hell no, it's on.

Do you really think it's OK for you to try to push my buddies around and come on to OUR side of the field? Now it's really on. I CAN NOT wait for you to throw that ball, because I CAN NOT wait to get that DAMN THING back. I'm going to track you down like the dog you are and put this ball where it rightfully lives.

On your side of the field. In fact, if I have anything to do with it, ALL the way on the other side of your side.

So here we are, after almost 60 minutes of our lives spent fighting to the death, and you think it's ok to give us a "L"?

I don't think so.

Readers, these people are our ENEMY. They mean us no good deeds. They pray for our injuries, our loss of self respect, our utter dejection.

And they celebrate when they get it.

These are people that take delight in embarassing you and your friends, and then DANCING around and TAUNTING you after they do it. What kind of people are these?

These are the people that are deserving of my absolute HATE, SCORN, and CONTEMPT. The kind of people that deserve to be chased down, thrown down and beaten, like the dirty scumbag bullies that they are.

These people actually want to do bad things to your friends, the same friends who have fought so hard to take up for you. These people want to do bad things to your brothers in arms.

These are the kind of people that deserve to lose, dejectedly in front of THEIR family and friends.

Let THEM sit with THEIR head in their hands while me and my friends leave to drink beer and chase every woman in sight.

It's going to happen to somebody and it's not going to be me or my friends. We didn't fight a 60 minute battle for the hell of it.

That's why it's not ok to laugh after a game.

(an edit to this post - there is some degree of sarcasm here - it's one of those, "I'm just joking - or maybe I'm not" posts.)

Good posts deac, techs, tfowl...

I didn't see the player--I wasn't there. It sounds a lot like last year when the infamous "gator humper" George Foster was gabbing and laughing it up once right after his personal foul and then later on in the game. I couldn't believe my eyes.

As for beeware, it's just another sorry attempt to highjack a thread and promote his agenda which is one hundred and eighty degrees from real support of the GT football program.

I saw the player laughing too as vandy was about to take the lead. In fact, I posted about it over on The Hive and, of course, my message was removed.

That was the wrong time to be joking around...and I didnt notice anybody else that found vandy about to score funny on the sideline or in the Tech section.

I also saw the Tech fan go down to the first row and give the player a hard time. And the player deserved every word that was said to him. We need more fans with passion like that, not the "sit on your hands" types we see alot of at Bobby Dodd. Good for that fan and maybe the player will think about his actions.

Good for both of you for being there. We all should make more road games.

Deac,
It's interesting you brought that up. Last year in Athens I had the opportunity to stand on the sideline and by the end of the first quarter players that were dressed and a certain player that was not dressed in his last game where all smiles and laughing. I looked at his dad shook my head and walked off the field. As a former player we will help these kids understand the importance of this game and how you should hold yourself accountable. It does take time.

Laughing and this kind of crap is a direct result of the overall tone set by the head coach.

Again, I long for the days of GOL who would have snatched someone up for that kind of junk.

Gailey is out of touch in the motivation department. This is NFL type of trash that does not work in college unless your talent is so tops like at Miami you can outproduce people. We ain't Miami so it looks a little silly to be talking smack when you are in a dogfight against a team like Vanderbilt.

Pitiful.

FWIW, Fox zoomed in on Michael Vick and Warrick Dunn while down 20something to nothing on Sunday at Carolina. The two were sharing a laugh about something. Perhaps they should both be dismissed from the team.

When I saw "it" last year in the waning moments vs. fsu, I almost went into shock.
After calming down, my reaction was "if they don't care, why should I". What still gets me is that other players on the team that DO leave everything they have on the field don't literally beat the s%@t out of these empty uniforms.

I remember one from the other sideline last year. As Tech was playing one of its good games last year, John Bunting of UNC was giving a fired
up message to one of his players while two other tarholes were snickering at their coach behind his back. Unbelievable! Maybe thats why they suck.

Belly, you wrote:

You guys are unbelievable.

Was that sent to those that can't fathom the laughter from players about to lose? Not a flame, I just want to know.

As a non competitor, I know that I place too much emphasis on Tech football, but do these players really think its just a game?
confused.gif

Back