Laughing Players Should Leave the Team

Originally posted by BEESerk:
</font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">Originally posted by The Jacket:
Is it bad in your opinion for him to have or listen to assistants?
<font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">I know what you are getting at. Of course it isn't bad... it is doing his job. I gave him credit for that. I said don't lavish undue praises because he did something remarkable to win the game. What Reggie did on the field is remarkable.

In all sincerity, since I answered your questions, can you answer one for me?

Do you personally think Gailey had this team prepared and motivated for the Vandy game?

I am just curious as to what you think. I honestly would respect your answer whether I agree with you or not.
</font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">Honestly without trying to hedge an answer, I think there are two possible causes:

1) The team was poorly motivated and prepared for the Vandy game. If so, this may have had something to do with the thrashing at the hands of Clemson. I'm not sure about this because I wasn't in the locker room. It is the coaches job to motivate the team, and if the reason is that they were not motivated, this part of the big picture falls squarely on the shoulders of Chan.

2) We were motivated, as was Vanderbilt. I doubt this was so, but it is a possibility. I don't keep up with the Vanderbilt program or it's news releases and such, so I don't know what the attitude of the coaches, players or fan base was going into the game.

As I said, if I had to chose between those two as to which it was more than likely - I would say #1.

Hope that answers your question.. Don't think I missed anything.

Goodness, this dang thang started the last days of September.
Let's move on. We have a game this week folks!!!!
Yesterday is history. Mistakes made have been noted and (hopefully) dutifully taken care of.
Where else but here will there be those who linger on weeks past and not ...stew about the past.

FOLKS: LAST WEEK IS OVER!!!! ALL HAS
BEEN DONE............PAST!!! Get over it. It is another week, another foe.
WE have a mighty tough NCS team ahead/should we malinger, meander, slothfully, and focus our minds on past successes or failures?????? No!!!! THAT IS, if you really know anything beyond 6th grade football!!!!!!!!!
Hey, let us focus on now and every moment to Saturday!!!!!!!!!

Jacket,

very fair and honest answer! Thanks for responding. Lets get ready for NCSU and shocking them again this year!

Originally posted by BEESerk:
Lets get ready for NCSU and shocking them again this year!
<font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">Here, here!

drinking.gif

I like how this thread got stolen by the Gailey people.

What it's really about is some "fan" yelling at a player and butting into something that he has no clue about. This guy gets hit hard on a daily basis by big strong men. The "fan" probably hits nothing hard except the booze.

Maybe somebody told a joke. Have you never laughed in a serious situation before? Jeez, lighten up dude. It's a game, and you aren't even a player.

Originally posted by eatmorchikin:

What it's really about is some "fan" yelling at a player and butting into something that he has no clue about. This guy gets hit hard on a daily basis by big strong men. The "fan" probably hits nothing hard except the booze.

Maybe somebody told a joke. Have you never laughed in a serious situation before? Jeez, lighten up dude. It's a game, and you aren't even a player.
<font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">Exactly so.

I would be extremely worried if the players were as emotional as many fans. I agree they should have their heads in the game but to try to lighten up in a serious situation doesn't make you un-business-like.

Hell, there have been many times where it has taken me up to a week to recover from a loss. I couldn't take that 24 hour rule!

Back