Learn and move forward..

Is it just me or does king really lock onto a receiver

No field scanning
I don’t think he locks in. If you watch him on the replays he is reading his progressions. CCW has done an excellent job with this QB

Defense was not great. I’d give them a B- to C+. McCord is fantastic, and we at least stopped them a few times.

B-? I don’t think I’ve ever seen Tech play 60 worse minutes of pass defense. No pressure or disruption of the QB, no disruption of receivers, only a small handful of passes defended all day. I refuse to believe that Syracuse has discovered a Heisman QB and an undefendable offense, we just ööööing sucked out loud today. Gonna be a long year if we can’t figure something out.

JRjr

B-? I don’t think I’ve ever seen Tech play 60 worse minutes of pass defense. No pressure or disruption of the QB, no disruption of receivers, only a small handful of passes defended all day. I refuse to believe that Syracuse has discovered a Heisman QB and an undefendable offense, we just ööööing sucked out loud today. Gonna be a long year if we can’t figure something out.

JRjr
Seriously? We have played worse than this a lot over the last decade. We lost. It happens. By 3 on the road. McCord will play in the NFL. Sure, did we play poorly in areas, yes. This is a loss that I will lose zero sleep over compared to what I’ve seen the past decade from GT football. We simply lost the game to a similarly matched team.

I have seen Tech improve greatly after the 3rd game in the past. Especially the younger players. Hope that is the case this year.

Seriously? We have played worse than this a lot over the last decade. We lost. It happens. By 3 on the road.

Not buying it. Yeah, clown had games where the secondary didn’t know who to cover, but that’s different from an ostensibly decently-coached defense playing 60 minutes like they’ve never seen a forward pass before and making that guy look like Joe ööööing Montana. Add in the inability to get subbed and set and it’s an epically ööööty performance.

That we played that badly and only lost by 3 is testament to not giving up and getting some breaks, but it’s not indicative of the quality of the performance.

JRjr

I'm not giving up on this team and we shouldn't throw in the towel. Maybe we had unrealistic expectations and thought Tech would just "take care of business" but we got humbled, plain and simple. It's over. Time to turn the page and move on and get better.

Not buying it. Yeah, clown had games where the secondary didn’t know who to cover, but that’s different from an ostensibly decently-coached defense playing 60 minutes like they’ve never seen a forward pass before and making that guy look like Joe ööööing Montana. Add in the inability to get subbed and set and it’s an epically ööööty performance.

That we played that badly and only lost by 3 is testament to not giving up and getting some breaks, but it’s not indicative of the quality of the performance.

JRjr
I have no problem with you not buying it. It doesn’t matter at all. We’ll be 3-1 going into a bye a week from right now. Then we’ll see if we are a .500 team or a .700 team.

Usually when GT plays a team that is physical, we usually get beat on both lines of scrimmage, that seem to be the case today too. CBK harps on the team being physical, this doesn't seem to be the case with this team, perhaps it is just lip service on CBK's part. I still maintain we are two to three years away from developing the kind of depth we need to
compete with the Top 10 teams in the country. I said before the season, GT would probably go 6-6 with the possibility of going 7-5 or 8-4, "if" we beat some teams we will not be favored in. I am in my 66th year of pulling for the Yellow Jackets, it's like my big brother told me once; "you'd better have thick skin, if you're going to pull for the Yellow Jackets!!" No truer words have ever been spoken! THWG!!!

I'm not giving up on this team and we shouldn't throw in the towel. Maybe we had unrealistic expectations and thought Tech would just "take care of business" but we got humbled, plain and simple. It's over. Time to turn the page and move on and get better.
Yeah after learning that FSU was trash and watching us let GAST hang around for a little too long, I definitely had concerns about the game today, which turned out to be justified.

Aside from the missed FG, special teams was lights out, and our offense did enough to keep us in it. Our defense is a mess though.

JRjr
You must have forgot about the clemson game in 2020 or countless other ones

JRjr
They didn’t discover a Heisman QB. They simply have Ohio State’s former starter who only lost 1 game against the eventual National Champion.

Ohio ran for well over 200 on Syracuse the week before so we expected to at least duplicate that. I think Cuse sold out to stop the run and we didn't adjust. I don't believe they had a sack either, so protection was there to stretch the field. I like Singleton but he should have made a catch down the field that would have gained good yardage. It was a difficult catch, but he had pulled it to his chest and let it bounce out. Have to make that catch. After playing poorly for 3/4 of the game we still had a chance to pull it out, 3 TO's and Syracuse backed up and us knowing they were going to bleed the rest of the clock, and our damn D can't get a crucial stop. Just very disappointing our D is still one of the softest in all of FBS.

Back