Learn and move forward..

1. OL was just flat awful today. I think they read too much about how Ohio U. ran on Syracuse and they got taught a valuable lesson.
2. You can’t cover their TE’s with our current LB corp. Surprised we kept trying.
3. We ran into a pretty good QB today and I wouldn’t be surprised if they finish in top 5 of ACC.
4. I’m not sure how good we really are or could be. I do think we have some good players in place. I think we are much better coached.
5. I believe CBK has GT football moving in right direction, it’s just going to take time.
6. Our schedule is just brutal as we all know. Getting to 6 wins will be a challenge. If we can “steal” a couple down the road and get to 7 or 8 wins, the CBK deserves recognition as ACC coach of the year.
7. This is going to be a nerve racking, alcohol filled, prafinty laced, pull our hair out kind of year.
The whole game I keep thinking that maybe we came in believing the hype - first top 25 rating since 2015 and all. Hopefully this serves as a reality check because after next week it gets much tougher.

Thank you for this thread. After FSU got boat raced on Labor Day, the writing was on the wall that we weren’t as good as we thought.

We lost. Oh well. Learn and move on.

He'll play pratice Squad
By no means am I an NFL scout, but the QB we saw yesterday will not be on a practice squad in my opinion. He is one of the best players at that position we will see this year and possibly have seen over the last several years.

That kid reminds me a lot Matt Ryan, when he came to The Flats and handed us our asses back in 2007 if I remember correctly.

We are moving in the right direction so just chill. We have moved from the below average tier to the middle tier. We lost to another team in the middle tier at their place. It’s ok.

And in case anyone has noticed the middle tier has expanded hugely because there are not that many elite teams any more. We can play with any team right now except a very few. I watched a lot of games yesterday and we easily have one of the better offenses in the country. If you think our OLine played like garbage did you see ND’s or Michigans? NC State didn’t look good either. We simply got beat by a better team who played better on that day.

Is it just me or does king really lock onto a receiver

No field scanning
I was at the game and you can definitely see him going through the progressions. He doesn’t lock in. It appears the Syracuse D was playing a deep coverage most of the game so King ended up throwing ball to check down receiver more often than not.

The whole game I keep thinking that maybe we came in believing the hype - first top 25 rating since 2015 and all. Hopefully this serves as a reality check because after next week it gets much tougher.
I think this is true of the team and the fans. Judging by the post on here, you would think we lost to ga State or something. I'm not saying Syracuse is a great team but we lost to a conference opponent because we came out flat, didn't play good and wasn't coached good Syracuse wanted it more than we did and they outplayed us.

I still think we are a good team but not good enough to get away with a bad performances against a quality opponent.

I said it last year and probably the year before, we need a big bruiser in the backfield. We have some good backs and I think Carrie is going to be a star but they are all on the smaller side. We need some beef back there for short yardage situations.
Pyron

I was at the game and you can definitely see him going through the progressions. He doesn’t lock in. It appears the Syracuse D was playing a deep coverage most of the game so King ended up throwing ball to check down receiver more often than not.
Thanks.. Hard to tell on TV

Ohio ran for well over 200 on Syracuse the week before so we expected to at least duplicate that. I think Cuse sold out to stop the run and we didn't adjust. I don't believe they had a sack either, so protection was there to stretch the field. I like Singleton but he should have made a catch down the field that would have gained good yardage. It was a difficult catch, but he had pulled it to his chest and let it bounce out. Have to make that catch. After playing poorly for 3/4 of the game we still had a chance to pull it out, 3 TO's and Syracuse backed up and us knowing they were going to bleed the rest of the clock, and our damn D can't get a crucial stop. Just very disappointing our D is still one of the softest in all of FBS.
I mean didn’t they throw every play in the last series? So they kinda didn’t just bleed clock. We challenged them to try to make a play and win the game. They did we didn’t.

By no means am I an NFL scout, but the QB we saw yesterday will not be on a practice squad in my opinion. He is one of the best players at that position we will see this year and possibly have seen over the last several years.

That kid reminds me a lot Matt Ryan, when he came to The Flats and handed us our asses back in 2007 if I remember correctly.
If he does that against a defense worth a öööö that isn't giving him a pillow and blanket in the pocket then I'll see

The loss sucks but at least it was a competitive game. Blow outs like the one NC State suffered are more concerning.

No way this season turns into one we want without the DL improving. The team’s biggest question mark going into the season is now a glaring gaping hole that must be fixed. In a hurry. Saturday had some of the worst DL play I’ve seen.

1 sack through 3 games.
3 of our 4 starters have a combined 14 tackles through 3 games. 12 quarters of football. A little over 1 tackle per QUARTER by the majority of your starting DL is a disaster.
Makius Scott has a grand total of 2 tackles.

No way this season turns into one we want without the DL improving. The team’s biggest question mark going into the season is now a glaring gaping hole that must be fixed. In a hurry. Saturday had some of the worst DL play I’ve seen.

1 sack through 3 games.
3 of our 4 starters have a combined 14 tackles through 3 games. 12 quarters of football. A little over 1 tackle per QUARTER by the majority of your starting DL is a disaster.
Makius Scott has a grand total of 2 tackles.
:puke:

I didn’t like the lack of adjustments on offense. They were selling out on the run and we did not adjust. That and the and awful clock management after the blocked punt are both on the coaches. good news is our players fought to the end and I’m hopeful our coaches learned their lesson and we roll from here

I mean didn’t they throw every play in the last series? So they kinda didn’t just bleed clock. We challenged them to try to make a play and win the game. They did we didn’t.
No. They threw for a first down on 3rd and 10 when Key refused the chop block penalty. The next series of downs on first and 10 Syracuse picked up 4 yds, on second and 6 they busted a run for over 20 yds...game over.

I am going to hate on Buster a little bit here... You could tell last season with Haynes really hit a tough patch gun slinging that he reigned the whole passing offense down a bunch and just leaned heavy into the run. I think so far this season he's continued to do so and limited their passing now if this continues defenses will continue to just slam box full and even with a good running attack that consistent focus is going to slow it some. I'm not sure but at some points Buster is gonna have to take the shackles off King let the passing attach try to work to take some pressure off the ground game earlier in games and along with it overall King makes lesser mistakes

Buddy Syracuse just beat our ass.
And last year at home in a physical game, they almost came back and beat us with a TE playing QB, no Kyle McCord, no Fadil Diggs, no Oronde Gadsden, no Trebor Pena, no Zeed Haynes, and dead-man walking Dino Babers coaching. Not real sure why everybody thought Cuse would be such an easy out this season.

Back