Let's think about it logically

Part of this is people clamoring for a matchup that interests them - GT v Auburn. Most of our fans couldn’t care less about matchups with Duke, UVA, unc, etc. All of these problems we have with attendance would be much lower if our opponents were Auburn, Tennessee, Florida, etc. and I don’t just mean opposing fans filling the stands.

You mean like how GT fans fill the stadium with Yellow for the UGA game every other year?...oh never mind, I meant Clemson, oh wait never mind.

I just wish that if we had to slide to a lesser bowl it was something closer by like Birmingham. Detroit the day after Christmas is just a non-starter.

12.5k tickets? What is face, $100? Even at $50 thats a waste of our money. I'd rather have five more recruiting coordinators and land the players to go to bowls that matter.

Why does anyone have to guarantee tickets? They sell the schools a bunch of badly overpriced nosebleed tickets and everybody knows you can scalp good sideline tickets for $10 day of game.

Im not saying I know how to fix it, but is sure as hell is broken.

Yes, I've been burned buying tickets through GTAA in the past like everyone else and prefer buying from Stubhub for most bowl games. I'm sure that doesn't help the GTAA make our case to bowl selection committees.

To be honest -

I would rather be in a dome than sitting outside in cesspool Charlotte or Annapolis, or NVille UNLESS we were matched against, say, Auburn. But CC and NVille would have been easier to get to.

The positive is this will help us understand even more how ridiculous it is to ever lose to hardly anyone in the Coastal. We should have the same tude about that as ugag has about the SECEast.

The other positive is it will cultivate more of the proper hatred of the lil girl commish of the ACC.

I hope Clemson kicks butt, and the rest of the ACC loses theirs.

Last edited:
You mean like how GT fans fill the stadium with Yellow for the UGA game every other year?...oh never mind, I meant Clemson, oh wait never mind.

I just wish that if we had to slide to a lesser bowl it was something closer by like Birmingham. Detroit the day after Christmas is just a non-starter.

Supposedly, we did not want Birmingham because it is the same time as COFH in basketball.

Why does anyone have to guarantee tickets? They sell the schools a bunch of badly overpriced nosebleed tickets and everybody knows you can scalp good sideline tickets for $10 day of game.

Im not saying I know how to fix it, but is sure as hell is broken.

It is part of the bowl racket. Half of them wouldn't exist w/o the forced subsidies from the schools having to eat tickets and then ESPN filling out afternoon programming between Christmas and New Years.

And of course, the bowl committees are "non-profits" somehow.

To be honest -

I would rather be in a dome than sitting outside in cesspool Charlotte or Annapolis, or NVille UNLESS we were matched against, say, Auburn. But CC and NVille would have been easier to get to.

The positive is this will help us understand even more how ridiculous it is to ever lose to hardly anyone in the Coastal. We should have the same tude about that as ugag has about the SECEast.

The other positive is it will cultivate more of the proper hatred of the lil girl commish of the ACC.

I hope Clemson kicks butt, and the rest of the ACC loses theirs.

Huh? Charlotte, Annapolis, and Nashville are cesspools? That seems like an unreasonable harsh judgement.

Since every year our fans perpetuate the idea that "we don't travel", I have looked at the number of people in the stadium when other ACC teams play in bowls. Guess what? Very few teams have fans that show up for bowls that require flying to get there. Maybe FSU or Clemson fans would show up in Detroit or Shreveport, but that's about it. It's different for SEC schools because they have nothing else in life to get excited about, but GT is probably average among ACC schools as far as turning out for bowls. I think Charlotte has an inferiority complex with Atlanta, so they think all the small town folks around the southeast will want to go to the big city of Charlotte, but Atlanta fans would be snobbish about it.

I don't believe we can blame TS for a long history of poor home/bowl attendance. Pretty sure the only rabid GT fans have are on ST. The fact that we're only on the hook for $80k in tickets is a blessing in itself. We don't have a lot of sidewalk fans and our alumni are too busy 80k'ing over the holidays with their families to worry about a trip to Detroit. Such is life.

Let's take our tickets we can't sell and give it to local kids in Detroit, have them root for Tech. 5-10 years down the road we might get a really good player out of Detroit who became a Tech fan on December 26, 2018 and come to Tech and win us a natty.

A lot of variable involved? The alot of variable is was one of the following bowl eligible: Duke, UNC, Wake, NC State, UVA, VT. That is the lot of variable.

That floundering retailer bowl mouthpiece doesn't understand the difference between variable and incontinence.

The one saving grace is that it's indoors.

It looked pretty full of Tech fans when we played Auburn at home back in 2003.

Please read. Cesspool Charlotte COMMA
Still seems like a harsh judgement. What's wrong with Charlotte? Has a pretty nice, albeit small, downtown, and there's nothing wrong with the stadium.

Back