Let's think about it logically

Still seems like a harsh judgement. What's wrong with Charlotte? Has a pretty nice, albeit small, downtown, and there's nothing wrong with the stadium.

Charlotte's OK. That field looked like garbage for the ACCCG, though.

JRjr

It just seems so implausible... Deny a tier one bowl that is within a couple hour drive because we wouldn't commit to guaranteeing what seems like a totally reasonable number of tickets... There is no upside to doing that at all. I don't buy that this was a conscious decision made by our AD. If it comes out that this is truly what happened, I'll eat crow, but until then, I call bullshit. Stansbury isn't stupid.
Doubt this.

Let's take our tickets we can't sell and give it to local kids in Detroit, have them root for Tech. 5-10 years down the road we might get a really good player out of Detroit who became a Tech fan on December 26, 2018 and come to Tech and win us a natty.
That idea should be pitched to somebody that can make it happen. No way we are selling them all.

Yes it is very disappointing to have the team sent to Detroit. Especially for those of us who like to travel to bowl games. But the reality is if I were in charge of picking a team to come to my bowl, I would have a hard time relying on the Tech fanbase to show up after going 7-5 with a loss to uga, in the middle of a coaching search. I don't know how Todd's to blame here. He's about to spend a lot of money we don't have to hire a coach that's going to make or break Tech football. I wouldn't guarantee the ticket sales either. Not at this point. I'm not trying to be Polyanna but after going bowless 2 out of the last 3 years, I'm glad the team gets an opponent they should be favored against and send Paul off with a win.

Onwards and upwards. Keep positive and let's see how the next few weeks play out. And don't forget, it is never as good or as bad as it seems.
Thank you , whoever you are ! Honestly was a great post in many ways !

Why is the Bell Bowl a tier 1 bowl? I’ve got pairs of socks older than it is. It’s not like Charlotte is bad. It’s just boring.

That trash bowl has no history and no real name. Hell, if we try hard enough, I’d bet we can get American Standard to sponser it.

This is on Swofford and his jackass cohorts in the mediocre football road. öööö them. öööö the ACC. And certainly öööö that third rate trash game in Charlotte that has no history and can choke on the North Carolina cocks jammed down their throat.

#BelkBowl=CuckBowl

Onwards and upwards. Keep positive and let's see how the next few weeks play out. And don't forget, it is never as good or as bad as it seems.

I’m still ROFL at this a day later. It’s only funny because it is coming from the guy that’s gone from “Fire Taquon” to “I Love Taquon” to Taquon’s a Little Bitch” all in one season.

You crack me up!

I’m still ROFL at this a day later. It’s only funny because it is coming from the guy that’s gone from “Fire Taquon” to “I Love Taquon” to Taquon’s a Little Bitch” all in one season.

You crack me up!

My opinion of Taquon hasn't really changed since last year's SEC championship. I only voiced support at times because he was the starting quarterback and there was nothing I can do about that and tried to give him a chance. And my opinion of Taquon has nothing to do with my support for the AD in this tough situation. If Todd showed the same character deficiencies as Taquon Marshall I would not shy from voicing my opinion.

Last edited:
Let's take our tickets we can't sell and give it to local kids in Detroit, have them root for Tech. 5-10 years down the road we might get a really good player out of Detroit who became a Tech fan on December 26, 2018 and come to Tech and win us a natty.

That’s pretty much how we got TSTAN (sans the natty part).

Why is the Bell Bowl a tier 1 bowl? I’ve got pairs of socks older than it is. It’s not like Charlotte is bad. It’s just boring.

That trash bowl has no history and no real name. Hell, if we try hard enough, I’d bet we can get American Standard to sponser it.

This is on Swofford and his jackass cohorts in the mediocre football road. öööö them. öööö the ACC. And certainly öööö that third rate trash game in Charlotte that has no history and can choke on the North Carolina cocks jammed down their throat.

#BelkBowl=CuckBowl

To the point & true.

To be honest
The positive is this will help us understand even more how ridiculous it is to ever lose to hardly anyone in the Coastal.

There are people here who don’t understand how losing to UVA, UNC, dook is ridiculous??

It just seems so implausible... Deny a tier one bowl that is within a couple hour drive because we wouldn't commit to guaranteeing what seems like a totally reasonable number of tickets... There is no upside to doing that at all. I don't buy that this was a conscious decision made by our AD. If it comes out that this is truly what happened, I'll eat crow, but until then, I call bullshit. Stansbury isn't stupid.

He might be.

#BelkBowl=CuckBowl
This is why I can't get that upset. In reality we got passed up from a mediocre bowl to a ööööty bowl. It wasn't like we were slated to play in the Citrus bowl or something that's meaningful. We def got ööööed over and I hate it for the players and CPJ, but I'm not losing sleep over this. That's reserved for this Mickey mouse coaching search.

This is why I can't get that upset. In reality we got passed up from a mediocre bowl to a ööööty bowl. It wasn't like we were slated to play in the Citrus bowl or something that's meaningful. We def got ööööed over and I hate it for the players and CPJ, but I'm not losing sleep over this. That's reserved for this Mickey mouse coaching search.
I don't know how Mickey Mouse this coaching search actually is, because dipshits like Chernov are reporting that Whiz has an offer in hand. I have no earthly idea what's going on with it right now. But I didn't ten years ago either and I was happy the result.

As for the bowl, again - WHY THE öööö DOES ANY ACC TEAM PLAY IN DETROIT AT THE WHO-GIVES-A-öööö LITTLE CAESERS EAT-MY-ASSHOLE BOWL? And why, WHY?, is the Belk Bowl or the Tire Care Bowl or whatever ööööstick sponsor bowl considered a top tier bowl in the ACC? Swofford can floss his teeth with my short and curlys.

I don't know how Mickey Mouse this coaching search actually is, because dipshits like Chernov are reporting that Whiz has an offer in hand. I have no earthly idea what's going on with it right now. But I didn't ten years ago either and I was happy the result.

As for the bowl, again - WHY THE öööö DOES ANY ACC TEAM PLAY IN DETROIT AT THE WHO-GIVES-A-öööö LITTLE CAESERS EAT-MY-ASSHOLE BOWL? And why, WHY?, is the Belk Bowl or the Tire Care Bowl or whatever ööööstick sponsor bowl considered a top tier bowl in the ACC? Swofford can floss his teeth with my short and curlys.
I agree the Belk isn't a top tier bowl, but I like Charlotte's stadium more than MB in Atlanta.

True and true.

Mickey mouse comment is frustration to rumors, which are only rumors, but my faith is diminishing.

Back