Lost ALL respect for Bill Curry this morning.

It's an unpopular opinion, but I support Paterno. I would have done the same as him. Told my superior and let them handle it. That's their job. I've heard more about Joe Pa than I have about the actual criminal. And what parent in the world drops off their 10 year old with some College Football Coach in the first place. People are making to much out of Paterno. He isn't the criminal just the scapegoat.

It's an unpopular opinion, but I support Paterno. I would have done the same as him. Told my superior and let them handle it. That's their job. I've heard more about Joe Pa than I have about the actual criminal. And what parent in the world drops off their 10 year old with some College Football Coach in the first place. People are making to much out of Paterno. He isn't the criminal just the scapegoat.

No, but he was the enabler, and that's not good.

Paterno was not some working stiff who just put in his hours and went home. He was effectively the manager of a football program. Managers are expected to stick their noses in other people's business and find out what's going on.

But never mind all that. It's looks to me like Paterno knew what was going on and helped to cover everything up to protect the flow of money into Penn State. I think this will all come out in the end.

I hold all the involved parties more responsible for their tacit approval of the situation over the years following than for their immediate actions; they seemed to be repeatedly pushing the predator a little farther away from themselves and their precious brand but doing little else.

You're hearing more about Joe Pa and company than the actual criminal because the real story here isn't that there was a sleazy perve on the loose; it's that so many people let a sleazy perve get away with it for so long because of how it would effect them when the öööö hit the fan, and probably because they didn't want to believe a guy they knew could do something like that. If any good comes from this it will be a watershed event for child protection from predators. Just as most people thought AIDS was only something that happened to promiscuous gays before Magic Johnson, now maybe people will shed the notion that child predators are strange greasy guys in trench coats and can't be people they know with families and good jobs.

He's on Mike and Mike right now and he just flat out doesn't get it. When interviewed about Paterno he said "none of us are perfect and no one ever does the right thing 100 percent of the time". I agree with that. He then went on to say that no one can pass judgement on Paterno and no one should have an opinion unless you are or were a member on the PSU team. That's where he lost me. In fact, that comment pissed me off bad.

This isn't about the football team, its about someone's moral compass. While I agree with his thought process of "he who is without sin, cast the first stone" I don't agree that people should not be outraged at Paterno and Penn st. A man lost his job because he looked the other way in one of the most HEINOUS crimes ever. And he looked the other way repeatedly. It is not passing judgement on his life to want him out of the coaching position he holds.

Any person who is a father should have wanted Paterno canned and I have every right to hold that opinion. It has nothing to do with being in the trenches with Joe Pa that gives me a credible stance.

Get some ööööing perspective Curry.

You almost made one whole post but you blew it in the last sentence.

He's on Mike and Mike right now and he just flat out doesn't get it. When interviewed about Paterno he said "none of us are perfect and no one ever does the right thing 100 percent of the time". I agree with that. He then went on to say that no one can pass judgement on Paterno and no one should have an opinion unless you are or were a member on the PSU team. That's where he lost me. In fact, that comment pissed me off bad.

This isn't about the football team, its about someone's moral compass. While I agree with his thought process of "he who is without sin, cast the first stone" I don't agree that people should not be outraged at Paterno and Penn st. A man lost his job because he looked the other way in one of the most HEINOUS crimes ever. And he looked the other way repeatedly. It is not passing judgement on his life to want him out of the coaching position he holds.

Any person who is a father should have wanted Paterno canned and I have every right to hold that opinion. It has nothing to do with being in the trenches with Joe Pa that gives me a credible stance.

I'm sure Bill is beside himself now that you have abandon him.

It took you THIS long to lose respect for that attention grabbing phoney?

Whenever ANYTHING news worhty happens in college football he makes sure he has some high and mighty declarations about it, and makes sure it is on radio or tv.

So what happens if they(superiors) weren't handling it? You let the same alleged pedo into school facilities?

I'm sorry, this is a real pussy-assed position and frankly, what is wrong with society today. People play CYA rather than do what is right, i.e., getting a child ass-raper off the street.

Don't even get me started on the "it's their job" mentality. I hope you get raped and then get back to us about it.

Good lord, StingTalk has just about exhausted the world supply of retart in the last week and a half.

Back