Lost ALL respect for Bill Curry this morning.

Do you mean how many were willing participants? Not understanding your question.

By definition weren't they all raped?

There was a typo in my post that made it seem like I was referencing a much broader spectrum of crimes. Cyp was correct in asking this question.

Without Paterno and Penn State, there is no story. Kids are molested every day and it's not a story because it is (unfortunately) a relatively common occurrence.

I don't think it's common to give a known child molester access to a campus facility to bring under privileged kids in and sexually assault them for decades. Kids get molested far too often than they should, but this is a rampant case with far too many individuals that could've/should've stepped in and stopped it, but chose not to.

I don't think it's common to give a known child molester access to a campus facility to bring under privileged kids in and sexually assault them for decades. Kids get molested far too often than they should, but this is a rampant case with far too many individuals that could've/should've stepped in and stopped it, but chose not to.

The grand majority of child sexual abuse incidents are trust exploitation crimes, and the grand majority of them are pulled off by individuals far less trusted than Sandusky was by pretty much everyone. You could probably say that the crime could have been stopped for most of them. That's how they work.

An estimated 1 in 7 people in North America have been victims of child sexual abuse. The estimates range around but that figure is right in the middle.

1 out of 7 of those students in the mob were defending an old man that did not report the same crime that was perpetrated upon them? That's incomprehensible.

No matter how you feel, how much you try, whatever your own experiences have been...you cannot condone the perv's actions.

JoePa exercised very poor judgment in not firing him on the spot, regardless of the specter of lawsuits, damage to the university, damage to families, or whatever. There is no excuse, there is no satisfactory explanation, and there is no defense. Bill shouldn't have even tried to defend JoePa, sad as his situation may be.

1 out of 7 of those students in the mob were defending an old man that did not report the same crime that was perpetrated upon them? That's incomprehensible.

Or you could look at it as 1 out of 7 of the people at Penn State who give a damn about football/Paterno and assume either that they didn't go to the protest or they did and they're just as stupid as everyone else that was rioting.

No matter how you feel, how much you try, whatever your own experiences have been...you cannot condone the perv's actions.

JoePa exercised very poor judgment in not firing him on the spot, regardless of the specter of lawsuits, damage to the university, damage to families, or whatever. There is no excuse, there is no satisfactory explanation, and there is no defense. Bill shouldn't have even tried to defend JoePa, sad as his situation may be.

+1

Come on, dude, you're smarter than this. 1 out of 7 people on earth is Chinese, too.

why is the blame falling on paterno?

the assistant reported to paterno. paterno reported to the AD and university president.

paterno is in trouble for not telling police.

what gives?

I still don't understand why the blame seems to fall solely on paterno. Or is that just how the media is making it out?

I still don't understand why the blame seems to fall solely on paterno. Or is that just how the media is making it out?

Because that's the way the game is played. Authority. Responsibility. Ownership. If u don't want it be a regular joe

Paterno decided to try to ride it out instead of quitting like the AD. He definitely doesn't have all the blame, president is fired too, it's all of them.

The guy wasn't on his staff when this even occurred.

Back