Louisville about to re-hire Petrino

He'll definitely win some games, but man. I can't believe they're even considering it.

Probably a good hire although I don't like him either.

If you're UofL don't you feel bad having to beg him back?

Wasn't he constantly trying to snake his way out during his prior stint there?

I hope they enjoy the 3-4 years he's there before an SEC team - hell, maybe even Arkansas again - hires him away.

This is maybe not intended to be so, but should be viewed as a shot across the bow to the ACC. Louisville doesn't care about anything but winning. The abundant potential exists that this Louisville program is headed for dominance.

Probably a good hire although I don't like him either.

If you're UofL don't you feel bad having to beg him back?

Wasn't he constantly trying to snake his way out during his prior stint there?

Yup the whole Bobby Lowder 'secret' meeting to hire him behind Tuberville's back (Tuberville and Petrino were supposed good friends to boot)

I hope they enjoy the 3-4 years he's there before an SEC team - hell, maybe even Arkansas again - hires him away.

Interesting thought.

I wonder (and not regarding any specific coach or his good/bad points) how many college football fans would trade 4 good years vs 7 mediocre years?

This is maybe not intended to be so, but should be viewed as a shot across the bow to the ACC. Louisville doesn't care about anything but winning. The abundant potential exists that this Louisville program is headed for dominance.

I doubt Petrino has any real intention of staying at Louisville for any longer than it takes to land a better job.

It is kind of disgusting, however, to read the Louisville boards and see how little they care about Petrino's baggage. Of course, they didn't fire Pitino after his sex scandal so I guess it shouldn't be too surprising.

I doubt Petrino has any real intention of staying at Louisville for any longer than it takes to land a better job.

It is kind of disgusting, however, to read the Louisville boards and see how little they care about Petrino's baggage. Of course, they didn't fire Pitino after his sex scandal so I guess it shouldn't be too surprising.

I also have no doubt about that. Petrino is a sociopath of one strain or another. The equation is very simple for him and he has no trouble balancing it. But he's a öööö good football coach. I think Jurich is banking on the importance of Louisville football in the area to keep the media quiet about any negative observations, as well as relying on Petrino's baggage to keep other potential job offers for him off the table for a few years. It would be very surprising to see Petrino there for more than 4 years, but those are going to be 4 great years of Louisville football. As long as they don't take it on the chin from the NCAA during that time, that's the start of something.

Probably the best coach they could hire. He left them in better shape than when he hired in by far. Lousville wouldn't have ever smelled an ACC invite had Petrino not built their program.

It's not like he was a governor or something.

Easily the best coach in the ACC if hired.

Guy%20sets%20himself%20on%20fire%20and%20jumps%20out%20of%20his%20window.gif

^ LOL at that gif. I guess the fire was a just in case the jumping out 9 stories doesn't do the trick?

Back