Major Donors on Geoff Collins!

Well an uptick in the number of dwags posting in this god-forsaken, hell- hole of a sports forum kind of suggests that the rent is dropping in the collective hollow skull of dwagnation. Not living rent free yet but clearly we are getting some serious attention from the Clark County heathens.

Our major Donors light be super smart and uber Rich from their Corporate Talents and Business savvy, but they are idiots when it comes to CFB.

First of all, they allowed a non passing triple option offense to come to GT FB during an Era when nearby HS FB Talent was producing a lot of future NFL Players, basically telling Local HS Coaches & Recruits that we aren't really serious about P5 CFB, nor helping get you to the NFL.

Second, they turned down an invite to the B1G Ten , keeping GT FB mired in the crappy ACC, with a crappy media presence, such that even if a Recruit grew up loving GT FB, it is damn near impossible to find our Games on TV in an Era where you can find Ga State Games on TV.

Our Major donors allowed GT FB to have it's reputation damaged for 11 straight years, shut up write checks, recruit your friends to write checks and give CGC his 6 years.

Finally, if they were "really major donors", then our Players' Parking Lot would look a lot different with the types of vehicles being parked there.

An SEC "bagman" laughed at donors like these guys in an Article I read, he said STTE, :

"when guys like this contribute thru legit channels with over the table contributions, that money gets spread all around and it spent on stupid stuff like non revenue sports and new paint in the Women's locker rooms, etc, but when me and my network of bagmen are "on our game", we can go out secure the Services of an Elite DT, QB, LT, or any other difference maker on the Field, if we get 5 of those in one Recruiting class, we have impacted the FB Program and the entire Athl Dept. more than those Guys giving out millions , and for a fraction of the Money they donate to the Athl Dept."

Someone needs to tell those major donors that that money would be better spent, finding elite OLs & DLs and giving friends and family of theirs a Job to get them to sign with GT.

At some point we have to play the Game like everyone else, remember Stephon Tuitt.
I’m in total agreement. We need to be in the real game not the “words” only game. We could have the worst locker room in the land but if we had spent smart bagman money and secured high level players we would have won more which would have led to more money and thus better locker rooms. But we have too many who believe other teams are following the rules. They aren’t and never have, yet we get mad that we lose. Every school we recruit against the last 20 years have been cheating to get players whether it’s straight cash homey to vehicles to jobs for family, etc. Bowden at FSU. UGA. Auburn, Bama, Clemson, UF, Fulmer, Beamer, LSU, etc. We need bagmen to target 5 highly rated OLinemen and DLinemen betweenthe classes of ‘23 and ’24 and get busy. That’s what UGA does and then we wonder why we can’t run up the middle.

He hasn't done anything wrong.

He talks about CFB.

IMO he should be welcome.

I want him around when we shock the Sports World with a huge upset the Sat after Thanksgiving.

Hey guys trust I fully realize I’m not a welcome visitor here and this is your forum and i respect that. As a kid I grew up hearing stories about Bobby Dodd. I had a grandmother that lived in the shadows of the GT campus. I was born and raised in Atlanta so I have an appreciation for the 53 UGA vs. GT games I’ve either attended, watched on TV or back in the prehistoric days listened to on the radio. I’m here to chat football and offer a reasonable perspective from a long time lover of college football. As I may have mentioned in another post, the shots, comments, hate don’t phase me, I look beyond that noise and actually appreciate the passion. OMG the pain I would have to endure from this group if GT were to beat UGA this year, well I can only imagine.

Hey guys trust I fully realize I’m not a welcome visitor here and this is your forum and i respect that. As a kid I grew up hearing stories about Bobby Dodd. I had a grandmother that lived in the shadows of the GT campus. I was born and raised in Atlanta so I have an appreciation for the 53 UGA vs. GT games I’ve either attended, watched on TV or back in the prehistoric days listened to on the radio. I’m here to chat football and offer a reasonable perspective from a long time lover of college football. As I may have mentioned in another post, the shots, comments, hate don’t phase me, I look beyond that noise and actually appreciate the passion. OMG the pain I would have to endure from this group if GT were to beat UGA this year, well I can only imagine.
That would save the season!

Are you guys upset because you don't think the team can get to 5 wins? (Honest question)
Honestly, Yes and Know. Based on Talent alone....we had a schedule to go .500 and do it without too much expectation. This coach and staff but starts at the top aren't getting it done. It's like watching a good pickup game on a hs field with athletes but zero direction. That's what I see. Motivators and Enthusiasts like he is..... should at least have a consistent competitive team. I don't see it....but there are glimpses

GTFelch is a PJ Fan Club founding father who will never be happy with anything CGC does that doesn't worship the TO and service academy football.
Actually I liked the George Oleary years a little better, and I thought that PJ was a horrible hire after Chan....I latter ate my words.... However I am glad the TO is gone, but I think if we have learned anything from 1995 to 2018, we should never settle for less than .500 in ACC play and .500 in OOC, which would put us at 6 wins and a Bowl game... IMHO that should be the bare minimum... Anythig less should be unacceptable. I do think that Coach Collins sold the fan base a bill of goods and when you look at his Coaching record (Temple & GT) he is not a very good HC. I think the issue is who do we get to replace him? We do not want a TO coach, so who do we bring in? I am not so sure.... One thing is for sure Coach Collins is not putting Georgia Tech back in the National Conversation any time soon, like he promised back at his Intro Press Conf.... Hell he might never make a bowl and the program might be set back years...I am worried!

Last edited:
That would save the season!

And it would completely wreck ours so I do get it. There is a part of me that would like the game to return to more of the rivalry game it once was. Of course GT would need to reel off about 3 straight wins against UGA, I’m not sure I miss the rivalry that much

That would be awesome! and I would apologize on this Board if we win 7 this Year!
noooo.... I meant Collins got a 7 yr deal. My bad on the confusion. If we win 6 it's a miracle..... Hell I feel that way about 3 right now. There's just no consistency. I'd rather be competitive then this Forest Gump approach.... holding onto hope

To win 5 games, which is a lame objective, we have to win 2 of these:
UVA
VT
Miami
BC
ND
UGa

To win 5 games, which is a lame objective, we have to win 2 of these:
UVA
VT
Miami
BC
ND
UGa
If we win on the road at UVA I like our chances better.... But currently the two games that we might have a chance would be VT & Miami....But I honestly think after watching the DUKE game we lose the rest of the way... I have zero faith in our coaching staff!

If we win on the road at UVA I like our chances better.... But currently the two games that we might have a chance would be VT & Miami....But I honestly think after watching the DUKE game we lose the rest of the way... I have zero faith in our coaching staff!
Losing out is unacceptable. We have the players to win and need to start winning.

I have pretty good faith we can beat Miami. Starting QB has been injured. Starting RB has just been declared out for the season. Backup QB has been injured.

Not sure about UVA. They are a difficult task since their QB is having a hell of a season

I’m glad to hear our donor class speak out. It’s about time.

All these posts lusting after the practices of the football factories reeks of desperation. We would be just another wannabe Bama that fails to match Saban’s accomplishments. Our path has always been different.

BIG10 money is alluring but not a good fit for us. Plus I don’t have much interest in watching yankee football all year long.

This coaching staff needs to win the games they should and continue to develop the talent they have recruited. This is most important at this juncture.

We should beat Miami. Miami plays NC State, Pitt, and then us. I think Miami gets beat soundly by both NCState & Pitt, and will be a beaten team when we play them. I am hoping Diaz is still there because he will be 'dead man walking', a new interim coach might give them some sort of spark.

UVA will be tough. I hope our OL comes out of the bye week in sync; that will make a huge difference in how close we play UVA. If the OL can find a rhythm I like our chances against VT even if we lose to UVA. BC is hard to figure, they self destructed against NCState, but they look like a solid team. I don't see them turning over the ball as freakishly for us as they did against NCState. Hopefully our speed is too much for BC.

Back