Major Donors on Geoff Collins!

I’ll take 5 wins and a bowl. Just get me that extra practice and a game for n December.
Winning 5 and somehow getting a bowl would be great debate fodder for this board:

“He made a bowl!”
“But it was only because everyone else sucked!”

Winning 5 and somehow getting a bowl would be great debate fodder for this board:

“He made a bowl!”
“But it was only because everyone else sucked!”

It will be glorious to get a bowl with a losing record while bumping NIU out of a bowl.

Hah! F you MTSU!

It will be glorious to get a bowl with a losing record while bumping NIU out of a bowl.

Hah! F you MTSU!

They’d have to lose out. 5-7 + high apr only gets you in if there aren’t enough 6-6 or better teams.

Also I think we are 35th in APR so even if there aren’t enough .500 or betters I don’t love our odds.

They’d have to lose out. 5-7 + high apr only gets you in if there aren’t enough 6-6 or better teams.

Also I think we are 35th in APR so even if there aren’t enough .500 or betters I don’t love our odds.

Did they change the rules? We bumped mtsu back when we were 6-7, but maybe it was because we were 500 in the regular season.

Actually I liked the George Oleary years a little better, and I thought that PJ was a horrible hire after Chan....I latter ate my words.... However I am glad the TO is gone, but I think if we have learned anything from 1995 to 2018, we should never settle for less than .500 in ACC play and .500 in OOC, which would put us at 6 wins and a Bowl game... IMHO that should be the bare minimum... Anythig less should be unacceptable. I do think that Coach Collins sold the fan base a bill of goods and when you look at his Coaching record (Temple & GT) he is not a very good HC. I think the issue is who do we get to replace him? We do not want a TO coach, so who do we bring in? I am not so sure.... One thing is for sure Coach Collins is not putting Georgia Tech back in the National Conversation any time soon, like he promised back at his Intro Press Conf.... Hell he might never make a bowl and the program might be set back years...I am worried!
Ross was an established coach with an excellent track record. O’Leary was our DC during Ross’ tenure and helped win a National Championship. He went to the Chargers and helped get them to AFC West title and a playoff win. Gomer maybe recruited what he finally needed but was cashiered. 7 win malaise and a clamoring for occasional great seasons even if we needed to endure disasters or mediocrity in between. Johnson delivered, but we forgot about the down years part. Now we got an unknown off to a wretched start, no track record like Ross or O’Leary or Johnson or even Gomer, no NFL experience, etc. If we manage to win 2, we’re at the expectation. If not, that seat is getting warm. GT is not known for making smart HC choices. We’ll inevitably screw the pooch on this one if history is any guide.

In any event, it only takes 2 years to turn around a football program. Hardest part will be to convince someone hardcore enough to take the job. Soft coaches just don‘t work on the Flats.

Ross was an established coach with an excellent track record. O’Leary was our DC during Ross’ tenure and helped win a National Championship. He went to the Chargers and helped get them to AFC West title and a playoff win. Gomer maybe recruited what he finally needed but was cashiered. 7 win malaise and a clamoring for occasional great seasons even if we needed to endure disasters or mediocrity in between. Johnson delivered, but we forgot about the down years part. Now we got an unknown off to a wretched start, no track record like Ross or O’Leary or Johnson or even Gomer, no NFL experience, etc. If we manage to win 2, we’re at the expectation. If not, that seat is getting warm. GT is not known for making smart HC choices. We’ll inevitably screw the pooch on this one if history is any guide.

In any event, it only takes 2 years to turn around a football program. Hardest part will be to convince someone hardcore enough to take the job. Soft coaches just don‘t work on the Flats.
It only takes two years to turn around a wretched roster like we had is a BS fact you pulled from your ass

It only takes two years to turn around a wretched roster like we had is a BS fact you pulled from your ass
Well now that you, the expert has told me, I now know. Try telling your new boss you need 3 or 4 years to turn around your new division. I’m sure he’ll agree. Oh yeah, nobody would ever put you in charge of anything. That’s why you’re an expert!

Well now that you, the expert has told me, I now know. Try telling your new boss you need 3 or 4 years to turn around your new division. I’m sure he’ll agree. Oh yeah, nobody would ever put you in charge of anything. That’s why you’re an expert!
What a stupid analogy

st,small,507x507-pad,600x600,f8f8f8.u7.jpg

His new boss told him that.

Back