Manny Diaz back to the U

I doubt it. Not sure any of us thinks the Temple coordinators have sufficient resumes to warrant a G5 job (and a pretty good G5 job, all things considered – they've been very competitive the past several years).

I agree. I think this panic attack is unwarranted.

wow, just wow. Have to feel sorry for Temple players and AD.
Yeah, that's pretty brutal. I agree this probably gives CGC a little extra motivation when we play Miami next year.

Clark just signed an extension at UAB and I think Lane is waiting around for the Auburn job to open up next year. I could see Temple going after Applewhite though. The problem is with National Signing Day coming up, bringing in a new guy is going to take time to assemble a staff and that doesn't leave much time to recruit and shore up a class in less than a month.
Applewhite would be great for Temple – falling up, as it were, for both him and for Temple. I kinda wish he were on our OC radar. I'm a little concerned about CGC's offense.

Oh I'm sure. I'm hoping it's Ed Foley. Can't help but to like the guy. Maybe Coach Pat stays behind if he is the choice? I wouldn't mind Applewhite as OC. With Diaz at the helm at Da U I'm sure his first call will be to Tee to offer the OC gig.

Agree Foley is very liakeable but I hope they don’t do that. They have made about 5 good-to-great hires in a row. I think that would be a bad hire for them.

Greg Schiano maybe if you want to hire someone else who will be there awhile and no one will come after.

I think Diaz has already hired the DC for Temple away from Baylor. I just can’t imagine what I would do if Temple. They have to be shell-shocked.

I doubt it. Not sure any of us thinks the Temple coordinators have sufficient resumes to warrant a G5 job (and a pretty good G5 job, all things considered – they've been very competitive the past several years).

Agreed. I don't think either of them (the Temple coords would even be considered. Temple hires very good defensive coordinators as a rule. I think they may hire Schiano because he has a solid resume but he also won't leave after 2 years or 2 weeks. He could be there awhile.

Why on earth would anyone feel sorry for Temple? They just got like four million dollars dumped in their lap for doing absolutely nothing, with which they can go hire a better coach. If I were them I'd be popping bottles.

Yeah, that's pretty brutal. I agree this probably gives CGC a little extra motivation when we play Miami next year.

I don't think that will be that big of an issue. Who knows? Maybe Diaz had an out in his contract for the Miami job specifically.
Just be glad they didn't call Jimmy Sexton to see if CGC had any interest.

I don't think that will be that big of an issue. Who knows? Maybe Diaz had an out in his contract for the Miami job specifically.
Yeah, they're all pros. But I doubt there was a specific out for Miami if Miami is paying $4 mil to Temple.

He would do well there until the next NFL job opened up.
see what his record was the last 3 years with the Jets?
so now he has HC experience. OK.
And it's bad.
I think Temple looks first within and then conducts a broader search.
If I'm them, I go Brent Pry, the co DC at Penn State. Knows that terrain well already plus has some connections in the South for recruiting.

Temple hires Richt, with Paul Johnson as OC, issues each a 2 million dollar signing bonus paid for by Miami.
If there's anybody CPJ's not going to work for, it's the HC who's beaten him more than anyone else in the world.

(Actually, I'm just assuming Richt has the most victories over CPJ of anybody. Maybe there's somebody else it could be, but it seems unlikely.)

Why on earth would anyone feel sorry for Temple? They just got like four million dollars dumped in their lap for doing absolutely nothing, with which they can go hire a better coach. If I were them I'd be popping bottles.

Feel bad for their players, recruits who just signed, coaches who just took jobs. Diaz had hired coaches already. It’s a big mess and the players are left trying to figure out what is going on.

Four million dollars will clean up a lot of mess.

It was messy before, when we stole their coach. Now it's just messy for a few more weeks.

I think Temple looks first within and then conducts a broader search.
If I'm them, I go Brent Pry, the co DC at Penn State. Knows that terrain well already plus has some connections in the South for recruiting.

I don’t think they look within. It’s not their MO and several of their guys now have contracts with GT.

Pry makes sense. That is more their mold. Ironically, didn’t Rhule, Collins, and Pry all Coach together at Western Carolina? Rhule and CGC will want them to make a good hire. I could see them recommending Pry.

Back