Marcus Marshall prediction

With 15 games Marshall has a good chance to get to 1,000 yards even though he probably won't start until mid-season.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

With 15 games Marshall has a good chance to get to 1,000 yards even though he probably won't start until mid-season.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

I see what you did there.

I wouldnt say the cupboard is bare. From the reports, we have a healthy competition between the 4 BBs.

I too wondered if Marcus was a tad undersized coming in as a BB, when historically our most successful guys back there have been horses (Dwyer, Ant Allen, Days, Laskey). I guarantee you that if he doesn't jump into the 2 man rotation at BB, they'll stick him at AB at least for this year. He is talented and is good with the ball in his hands.

WHOOOoooooshhhhh......

bcdm_hypetrain.png

I think Marcus Allen will be the man we are talking about during the 2015 season. He has tasted success and likes that flavor. Motivated, in shape and wants it.

Go Jackets!

Marshall was the best bback at the scrimmage. I wouldn't be surprised if he starts with Skov behind him.

I didnt see the scrimmage, but for a true freshman to start over 2 much bigger, more experienced seniors, he would have to be really, really good and be extremely impressive in practice. Hard to see PJ passing over seniors Skov and Allen to burn Marshall or MLD's redshirt without first giving those 2 guys a shot. Skov/Allen are almost a lock for game 1 starter/relief man for that reason alone. But with Leggett out, I dont think we even have another B Back outside of walk-ons and the true freshmen, so either Marshall or MLD should be the #3 and get some playing time if Skov/Allen dont get it done or one goes down.

Marshall's film does look very good. He is very fast and has great vision, but you dont see much of him hitting the hole hard and driving for yards up the middle like we usually see out of our B backs. He tends to use his vision and dance around a bit until he finds space. Hopefully those skills translate to the position.

He is smaller than our typical B backs. He's built, but short, and thus, a little light. He looks to be about 5'8". I think he will be a great back, but I cant help but think he may eventually end up at A back. His speed and shiftiness may be better suited to the outside.

Either way, Im glad to have him. Im sure we will find a way to get him the ball.

Edit: Just saw that MLD is moving to A back. Looks like Marshall will likely be in the BB top 3 so good chance he plays this year.

http://www.ajc.com/news/sports/college/nate-cottrell-out-for-year-mikell-lands-davis-move/nnG8b/

I didnt see the scrimmage, but for a true freshman to start over 2 much bigger, more experienced seniors, he would have to be really, really good and be extremely impressive in practice. Hard to see PJ passing over seniors Skov and Allen to burn Marshall or MLD's redshirt without first giving those 2 guys a shot. Skov/Allen are almost a lock for game 1 starter/relief man for that reason alone. But with Leggett out, I dont think we even have another B Back outside of walk-ons and the true freshmen, so either Marshall or MLD should be the #3 and get some playing time if Skov/Allen dont get it done or one goes down.

Marshall's film does look very good. He is very fast and has great vision, but you dont see much of him hitting the hole hard and driving for yards up the middle like we usually see out of our B backs. He tends to use his vision and dance around a bit until he finds space. Hopefully those skills translate to the position.

He is smaller than our typical B backs. He's built, but short, and thus, a little light. He looks to be about 5'8". I think he will be a great back, but I cant help but think he may eventually end up at A back. His speed and shiftiness may be better suited to the outside.

Either way, Im glad to have him. Im sure we will find a way to get him the ball.

Edit: Just saw that MLD is moving to A back. Looks like Marshall will likely be in the BB top 3 so good chance he plays this year.

http://www.ajc.com/news/sports/college/nate-cottrell-out-for-year-mikell-lands-davis-move/nnG8b/

Dude, dont stand on the tracks if you dont want to get hit by the train! Marshall will rewrite the record books before he enters the draft in three years. You heard it here first. Woo woo!

Dude, dont stand on the tracks if you dont want to get hit by the train! Marshall will rewrite the record books before he enters the draft in three years. You heard it here first. Woo woo!

Bump

Since everyone else has covered the whole killing yourself bit... here's maybe our one bright spot of the game. Dude's a baller, nice to have that home run threat again!

Marcus Marshall
CAR YDS AVG TD LONG
10 159 15.9 2 58

Back