Marshall named starter vs UNC

Coach in a presser said there is a reason Oliver was the third string QB.

The fact that he mentioned VT, Louisville, and Bowling Green in the same breath leads me to believe he doesn't exactly think VT was doing anything great. GT put up 170 yards of rushing before contact. Any QB is going to put up insane numbers when our OL is performing at that level.

I think he's a much stronger runner that gets north and south quickly which in turn reduces the plays where we lose or gain minimum yardage. With the lack of talent on the edges and quite frankly a challenge for the offense in general, we are at our best when we consistently get that 3 & 4 yards per play (especially on 1st down). I really don't care how much grasp of the playbook TM knows. What has that provided us? How many times has PJ talked about "simplifying so the D can better execute and play fast without thinking". Maybe he needs to check his offense? I'm not sure I'm convinced TM is more comfortable pitching. That's been largely a complaint from most everyone that TM never pitches. Just go back and look through the game day threads. He holds the ball a lot as well. To be honest, I'm not sure TO will be the QB next year. Lucas or Graham may very well beat him out. However, what I do know is regardless of the complexity or lack there of, we move the ball and score more frequently when TO is behind center and he's shown that in several games. I have seen nothing that tells me he can't throw the ball as well as TM. It's like I've stated before, until he shows that he's in over his head let TO take the snaps. Up to this point that hasn't been the case, it's actually been the direct opposite. He's been poised and has delivered.
This is fair. I agree that those extra yards after contact seem to make a big difference. We haven't really had that since Nesbitt, and it makes it much easier to keep drives alive.

In 2012 Tevin went 7-7, got blown out by BYU and UGA and lost to Middle Tennessee at home. If Vad had played he probably wouldn;t have done much worse and he would have had experience for the next year.
Probably the back up always plays better

CPJ is as stubborn as Nick Saban was last year. Only Nick finally figured out the errors of his ways. This is frustrating for sure. Oliver deserves to start at this point. Even Ray Charles and Stevie Wonder can see it.
The view is always clear in the rear view mirror.

In 2012 Tevin went 7-7, got blown out by BYU and UGA and lost to Middle Tennessee at home. If Vad had played he probably wouldn;t have done much worse and he would have had experience for the next year.

Similarly, if we're gonna lose games, I'd rather the guy that's going to gain experience for next year be the guy.

That said, Paul still decides who gives the best chance for us to win but he has to decide if its only going from 10% chance of winning to say, 15% chance of winning.

You might want to check how our D performed and how much Vad played in 2012.

Our O in 2011 and 2012 under Tevin was actually pretty good.

Not sure about that. But played well for sure. Needs to work on 4th down conversions and leadership. Didn't see him rallying the troops much.
He made some mistakes but he's a freshman. He kept the offense moving when we needed it most.

Y’all are nuts. The first 4th down UNC blew up the play. Sometimes you have to give the other team credit. The 4th and really short down was just a bad call imo as it should have been a sneak but again unc blew it up. He had a turnover but even then he lead the team into the red zone. But when the game is on the line he didn’t have a pity party he lead the team once again down for the go ahead score. The stage is not to big for this kid. I don’t care for that rah rah is the only definition of leadership garbage. TO did everything today that many on this board said he couldn’t do. Finally PJ woke up and realized he’s simply better.

Last edited:
Back