Message from the GTAA

Done. Motivated finally by the plans described which combine what worked well in the past (selective national recruiting, positive marketing of the program) and getting better at what's now expected (uniforms, social media, blah blah blah).

Done. Motivated finally by the plans described which combine what worked well in the past (selective national recruiting, positive marketing of the program) and getting better at what's now expected (uniforms, social media, blah blah blah).

That’s what your mom said.

I just donated $1000. Beat my donation.
I'm upping the ante, lets see who'll beat me. I've complained a lot about what GT has done on the field this year, but I'm not a whiner - I'm committed to change the GT I love for the better. Who's gonna beat BainbrideJacket and me, and prove it?

https://247sports.com/attachments/20171230_224613-jpg.3228/
I've been unemployed for two years and while I won't beat JDH, I've matched BbJacket's $1000.
To Hell With georgia.

GT has never been proficient at fundraising. I'm an alumni of 4 universities, so I've seen a variety of techniques:

1. Find alumni with money (i.e. use the alumni database to look for executives at Fortune 500 companies)
2. Build a relationship: Do minimal research to find something about that person and assign a student with a similar background to contact them
3. Make them feel important: Have someone influential make a quick phone call (university president, assistant football coach, etc.)
4. Offer the person something of value: an "x under x" award, alumni award, tickets to the president's suite, write an article in the alumni newsletter
5. Once the person has a relationship with the university, feels important, gets something of value, then the university asks for money, and usually gets it.

Tech tends to use the shotgun approach and hope they get enough responses. The problem is that the people they shotgun are those already donating.
What makes you think GT doesn't do this already?

Because they haven’t called me
Ha!
I think quite a few people have been cultivated the way you describe.
Perhaps those people for various reasons are more obvious targets than you.

To be fair, they could’ve put you on a no call list around the same time the school disciplined you for saying drad should be fired from a school computer.
Might be. Last year, or the year before, I sent an email about funding a full scholarship. The email bounced and no one ever got back to me. Doesn’t sound like a group that has their ducks in a row.

Might be. Last year, or the year before, I sent an email about funding a full scholarship. The email bounced and no one ever got back to me. Doesn’t sound like a group that has their ducks in a row.
So now that Todd Stansbury is our AD, you can try emailing him with this request and let him fwd you to the right folks. You can point out the email that bounced and he will get it fixed. If this sounds like too much effort PM me your contact info and what you had tried to email them and I will gladly make sure someone in the gtaa contacts you.

Humble not humble

He makes up 90% of the öööö he posts here.

Unless you are to believe a guy with enough cash to fund a scholarship at his disposal, who has a tax return that numbers in the hundreds of pages through his many businesses, also works at Georgia Tech. Just for the fun of it I’m sure.

Unless you are to believe a guy with enough cash to fund a scholarship at his disposal, who has a tax return that numbers in the hundreds of pages through his many businesses, also works at Georgia Tech. Just for the fun of it I’m sure.
I’m not here to judge, just to party

Don't feed the trolls.

Last edited:
Eh, you're just jealous. You claim things I post are made up, then I send pictures within minutes with your handle included in the picture, then you say its a photoshop. To be clear, I don't work for Tech. Haven't for some time.

Jealous? Not quite. I’m not big on materialsm so I don’t think I’d care for your lifestyle and whatever paranoia that you have that makes you think you need a safe room.

I know a fair number of people that have the type of wealth you claim to have, and they aren’t prone to the subtle brags you are famous for. That’s why I think you are full of öööö. And the fact that you can’t even get a call from the GTAA.

And the fact that you can’t even get a call from the GTAA.

It's not about getting a call. This time of year, everyone gets dozens of calls asking for money - it's just lazy if that's all someone does. It's about creating a connection, then a sense of importance, then giving something of value so the person feels obligated to give back. That's what GT can improve.

It's not about getting a call. This time of year, everyone gets dozens of calls asking for money - it's just lazy if that's all someone does. It's about creating a connection, then a sense of importance, then giving something of value so the person feels obligated to give back. That's what GT can improve.
Hell, what kind of reward do you want? I got a call from one of our women's cross country team members (sorry, no pictures). A thank you for supporting GT student athletes; didn't ask for money. A nice five minute talk about her athletic career, academics (bio-medical eng) and plans to go to grad school. It's good to hear from those who benefit.

Plus, nice perks like a clear plastic bag, a shiny coin and some awesome coasters.

What more do you want?

Back