Miss the option?

Miss the option?

• No

Votes: 28 49.1%
  • No

Votes: 29 50.9%

• Total voters
Funny that we beat Kennesaw State and that’s used as an example of why the option can’t work. It’s friggin Kennesaw State.

I've always liked the option, from watching Pepper run it here. But I am aware of the negative consequences of running it at this level in the modern game.

Great for blowing out cupcakes and unwary coaches, but ineffective with teams and coaches that see it every year, or have bowl time to prepare for it. I would rather have a good bowl record than it offers.

I thought Thacker had a good game plan, but we didn't show patience on a few plays. Something to work on. We want the turnover, but we have to get the stop first. They know that but the team is still learning the balance.

Those risky pitches by KSU are my favorite part of the option. Yates would have made a terrific option QB. The Tech defense would have still sucked, but it isn't like it has gotten any better.

I miss this:
1631411081340.gif

I don't miss being down 3+ TDs in the 2nd half and Death Marching for a TD to make the final score look not-so-bad.

Back