Miss the option?

Miss the option?

• No

Votes: 28 49.1%
  • No

Votes: 29 50.9%

• Total voters
Two great years with Gailey’s guys, but only one with his own?

Ranking the years, I would think 2014, 2009, 2008, then 2016.

Basically, CPJ was up and down based on QB play.
That’s all it was to be honest. Yates would have been pretty good in the system. But alas it is what it is.

beating the mutts in 2016 and KY in the bowl was nice but that team didn't crack the top-25. Hard to call it "great".
I don't know that I would call beating uga and winning the Peach bowl 'nice'. No way to prove it one way or the other but I certainly think it's possible, if not probable, that had we not hired CPJ we would be on a 20+ losing streak to uga right now. By GT standards winning the Peach Bowl is a really good season and better than the vast majority of seasons that we've had in the past 60 years.

It was time for CPJ to move on and I was frustrated that we could never build any momentum year to year as most fans were. I just don't see why we need to downplay our teams accomplishments while he was our coach. You are pissing on the accomplishments of the players on those teams which are significant by GT standards.

I don't know that I would call beating uga and winning the Peach bowl 'nice'. No way to prove it one way or the other but I certainly think it's possible, if not probable, that had we not hired CPJ we would be on a 20+ losing streak to uga right now. By GT standards winning the Peach Bowl is a really good season and better than the vast majority of seasons that we've had in the past 60 years.

It was time for CPJ to move on and I was frustrated that we could never build any momentum year to year as most fans were. I just don't see why we need to downplay our teams accomplishments while he was our coach. You are pissing on the accomplishments of the players on those teams which are significant by GT standards.
We played Kentucky that year in the Gator Bowl which used to be a pretty good bowl but as of late it's average as grits. The Peach Bowl on the other hand has vaulted way up in the pecking order.

I think this is somewhat delusional. I don't know what recruits we've stolen from Clemson; but it must be in the single digits. I think Dabo is far more concerned about losing recruits to a half dozen SEC schools than CGC.
We have a shot at every rocket scientist and premed student athlete the weighs 340 and is 6-6 and play for Tom Brady today.

We played Kentucky that year in the Gator Bowl which used to be a pretty good bowl but as of late it's average as grits. The Peach Bowl on the other hand has vaulted way up in the pecking order.

You're right, that's what I meant and the the Gator Bowl isn't what it used to be. Still I think my overall point is valid, winning a new years eve bowl and beating uga constitutes a very good season.

What we would say if that happened this year or next?

nor some of those godawful mutt teams we lost to, like 2015, 2009, etc
uga was 10 -3 in 2015, playing in the freaking sec. 2009 uga was mediocre I guess, still won 8 games and beat Texas A&M in a bowl game. I wish we could have some godawful teams like this in the new few years.

Last edited:
You're right, that's what I meant and the the Gator Bowl isn't what it used to be. Still I think my overall point is valid, winning a new years eve bowl and beating uga constitutes a very good season.

What we would say if that happened this year or next?
That we're ahead of schedule.

I do too but are we gonna piss on those wins as well? uga lost 3 or 4 games those years.
And one of them was us. Florida was a power. Tennessee was a better team.
Gagger losses those years
1998 - Tennessee, Florida, GT
1999 - Tennessee, Florida, Auburn, GT
2000 - South Carolina, Florida, Auburn, GT

I do too but are we gonna piss on those wins as well? uga lost 3 or 4 games those years.
Crap we erasing the “Done-in” years 1998-2000 as somehow being unworthy of a real official mutt beat down because their teams sucked those years?

uga was 10 -3 in 2015, playing in the freaking sec. 2009 uga was mediocre I guess, still won 8 games and beat Texas A&M in a bowl game. I wish we could have some godawful teams like this in the new few years.

The 2009 mutt defense was so bad, they fired their DC....only after he shut down PJ's mighty TO at home. The 2015 game vs the mutts was one of several under PJ that were winnable (09,10,13,15) but we failed to do so. Win those 4 though and he's probably still here.

Definitely better than Gailey but not god-worthy like some pretend.

no one is pissing on mutt wins. 08, 14, and 16 were great and I don't see anyone minimizing them. If anything, '14 would've been worse if not for some awful ref calls that made it close.

It was the TaxSlayer Bowl and I said it was a nice year. Quit yer whining - no one is pissing on anyone's accomplishments. I'm just not worshiping the guy for going 9-4 the way you & others are.

A season where we finished outside the top-25 cannot be considered "great" unless one has seriously lowered their standards, which also appears to have occurred for many Tech fans who bought into the loser "IIWII" mentality of the previous coach. CGC may be a coaching moron but he's already showed that recruiting quality players to GT isn't the impossibility that PJ made it out to be. PJ's antique scheme made it impossible.

Back