Mobile Homers vs. Golden Domers OFFICIAL THREAD!

Sour grapes.

Are you too dense to understand over-signing, grey shirting, and running off upperclassmen who don't pan out?

Yes, thats "within the rules", but it shouldn't be, and Bama does it to an extent that no one else does.

Are you too dense to understand over-signing, grey shirting, and running off upperclassmen who don't pan out?

Yes, thats "within the rules", but it shouldn't be, and Bama does it to an extent that no one else does.

Yes, apparently the teams should follow what stingtalk believes the rules should be and not the actual rules all of the teams agreed upon. If Bama is so bad why aren't presidents and Ad's all over the country raising a stink?

Yes, apparently the teams should follow what stingtalk believes the rules should be and not the actual rules all of the teams agreed upon. If Bama is so bad why aren't presidents and Ad's all over the country raising a stink?

Because StingTalk is the king of the moral high ground and anyone not living up to its rules is inferior and cheaters.

yes, apparently the teams should follow what stingtalk believes the rules should be and not the actual rules all of the teams agreed upon. If bama is so bad why aren't presidents and ad's all over the country raising a stink?

this...

As with anything, there are rules and then there are ethical standards. Nama appears to play with in the rules, but apparently falls short of most people's ethical standard.

The dominance of Alabama and their SEC brethren is making me care a little less about college football overall each year. I still attend or watch every Tech game but other than that I just find myself not caring to watch other games because I sense that in the big picture the SEC schools are not playing the same sport as the rest of us.

At some point I have to think this feeling spreads and viewership/caring about college football outside of the SEC footprint dwindles.

Now that's hilarious.

Tweet from Murray:

@aaronmurray11: Aj McCarrons girlfriend needs to become a Dawg fan #dawgsontop

McCarron's response:

@10AJMcCarron: @aaronmurray11 u don't win enough bud!! #15

"Bud" :bowrofl: Nice little pat on the head.

Wait,

I thought Murray wasn't interested in women.

aaron-murray.jpg

485090705.jpg

Now that's hilarious.

Tweet from Murray:

@aaronmurray11: Aj McCarrons girlfriend needs to become a Dawg fan #dawgsontop

McCarron's response:

@10AJMcCarron: @aaronmurray11 u don't win enough bud!! #15

"Bud" :bowrofl: Nice little pat on the head.

Wow...nice AJ!!

they do everything within the rules in ways that make you question the rules...

grad assistants being ex-coaches; oversigning; medical hardships, etc.

Alabama brings in 35% more recruits than Georgia Tech and runs off what they don't like. They recruit kids and then drop them later or grayshirts them. They are able to put kids into any bs major created for football players. They are able to bring in any JC kid they need to fill a hole that may come up (this absolutely kills most teams every other year or so). In short, they are allowed to be the top dog in every single recruiting category (except worth of degree that no star football player cares about).

Until the NCAA changes the rules to make it fairer and more like college, nothing is going to change and more and more folks will turn the game off. The rules need to be:

1) Annual limit of 20 scholarships.
2) Five year maximum of 100 scholarships.

I also suspect that Saban cheats on coaching time as his teams are not only loaded with athletes, but plays are perfectly run. And that takes practice time. His teams look like NFL teams in this regard, obviously different from almost every other team in college.

Alabama brings in 35% more recruits than Georgia Tech and runs off what they don't like. They recruit kids and then drop them later or grayshirts them. They are able to put kids into any bs major created for football players. They are able to bring in any JC kid they need to fill a hole that may come up (this absolutely kills most teams every other year or so). In short, they are allowed to be the top dog in every single recruiting category (except worth of degree that no star football player cares about).

Until the NCAA changes the rules to make it fairer and more like college, nothing is going to change and more and more folks will turn the game off. The rules need to be:

1) Annual limit of 20 scholarships.
2) Five year maximum of 100 scholarships.

I also suspect that Saban cheats on coaching time as his teams are not only loaded with athletes, but plays are perfectly run. And that takes practice time. His teams look like NFL teams in this regard, obviously different from almost every other team in college.

arent 1) and 2) the same thing?

arent 1) and 2) the same thing?
Not exactly, (2) is a subset of (1)

If (1) is implemented, than (2) is implemented by default, since you can't have more than 100 scholarships in 5 years if you are maxed out at 20 per year.

If (2) is implemented, you can still take more than 20 one year and less the other year.

Bama and the SEC have all the Look & Feel of being run like a modern day plantation system with exploitation of marginal student-athletes on a massive...and massively profitable basis.

Here are the EXACT words from the infamous Dr. Leroy Ervine, the (infamous) Director of the Remedial Learning Program and an assistant university vice-president.
(Yes, UGAG had an OFFICIAL...Remedial Learning Program. Now they have "Housing" and "Recreation & Leisure Studies" majors)

In the course of the trial, a transcript of a secretly taped meeting of school officials was introduced, revealing that Ervin, who is black, had made the following statement—out of "frustration," he says—regarding the poor educational backgrounds of some of the black athletes in the remedial program:

"Now, you talk about [how] these kids are not taught in high school. They aren't. We try to teach them here, but there is no way to do it. The majority of these kids are black that are coming in, and it kind of rips in at me at the insides, and I take it very, very personal. I know for a fact that these kids would not be here if it were not for their utility to the institution. There is no real sound academic reason for their being here other than to be utilized to produce income. They are used as a kind of raw material in the production of some goods to be sold...and they get nothing in return...."

LINK: http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/vault/article/magazine/MAG1064531/1/index.htm

IMO, not very much has changed at UGAG, Bama, or the rest of the SEC.

Only the $$$$ has gotten much much larger.

IMO, college athletics has definitely DEVOLVED, and many universities have sacrificed their educational missions, priorities, and responsibilities on the alter of big money college athletics.

i wouldnt say they get NOTHING in return... a scholly and all of the SEC pvssy you want is something to shake a stick at

Oh öööö.

Bold, Underline, Italics and multiple colors.

This ish is serious.

You should check out how NCAA FBS voting is structured. The BCS conference commissioners essentially have a veto over anything related to FBS football. They're not going to change anything that drastic because the money is too good.

Once the current CFB bubble ends I think you'll see some big changes on the scholarship front. You'll also see the SEC/B1G/Big 12 leave and form their own semi-pro football league.

Back