Money Down$$ pretty stupid

Reck leaves tunnel and drives across field to its parking lot.

Team stays behind and sways back and forth in a tunnel that looks like the Hartsfield runways at night and starts filing out when the smoke starts.
And from the UN, you see none of that.
I don't get not driving the Wreck a full lap. Folks in charge and our coaches need to understand that the Wreck is our culture. We don't want it changed. We are known for the 1930 model A sports coupe, not LED lights and fire extinguishers. I expect the Wreck to be front and center.

Can you imagine if Texas decided to lessen the image of BEVO? UGAg decide the mutt is less important than LED lights? Auburn deciding the eagle fly around isn't as awesome as cool fire extinguishers? Jeez.

They also we're giving out Collins three dollar money down bills. I didn't get any till after the game. Guess you take them to the dance team to make it rain?

Another culture change was matching warm up suits for Yellow Jacket Alley. I have no problem with it. Guys used to wear jacket and tie

I'm in the "whatever excites the players" camp. That said, my issue was less with the phrase itself and more with the way the PA announcer was saying it. The emphasis on "money down" sounded like the way you would surprise a little kid with a new toy or something. It's... LEGOs! It's... A PONY! It's... MONEY DOWN!

This whole notion of “well if the kids like it” is probably similar to how fsu fans were defending the turnover backpack. It’s stupid, you know it’s stupid, we just don’t have any national attention to point out how stupid it is.

This whole notion of “well if the kids like it” is probably similar to how fsu fans were defending the turnover backpack. It’s stupid, you know it’s stupid, we just don’t have any national attention to point out how stupid it is.
We should make sure the backpack has a juice box in it

Wearing a suit, even for the pro players is stupid.
I've always thought this too. They wear a suit for probably like 30 mins. Put it on at the hotel, ride the bus over and walk in then immediately take it off.

I don't think it is stupid. Just need to get the fans to embrace it. Even if it is dumb, embrace the dumb and own it. Are cowbells cool? Is VPISU's key play cool? Are Clemson and FSU spelling cheers cools? Nah. All are dumb but they own it. Who cares? Have fun and make it our own. Embrace the culture and get over the 'too cool for school' mentality.

Reck leaves tunnel and drives across field to its parking lot.

Team stays behind and sways back and forth in a tunnel that looks like the Hartsfield runways at night and starts filing out when the smoke starts.

Is there a reason why the 'Reck can't come out from the smoke as well? I am fine with no banner and go with smoke, but players should be directly behind 'Reck.

I don't think it is stupid. Just need to get the fans to embrace it. Even if it is dumb, embrace the dumb and own it. Are cowbells cool? Is VPISU's key play cool? Are Clemson and FSU spelling cheers cools? Nah. All are dumb but they own it. Who cares? Have fun and make it our own. Embrace the culture and get over the 'too cool for school' mentality.
The great irony is that none of our fans, besides me and you, were ever actually cool.

They'll care when the "old farts" pull back on the real $ resulting in a more real "money down".
And when the 'real $ old farts' do that, they'll end up hurting the program even worse. Sounds like that would be pretty stupid to me.

Not hard when a guy only posts when he wants to whine like a little girl.
Look at you funny man. Head on over to UGA. Plenty of your kind and witty humor. You are the king of keeping up with post counting!

They'll care when the "old farts" pull back on the real $ resulting in a more real "money down".

If any old farts stop supporting the program because the announcer says "money down" instead of "third down" then they can go ahead and live out the rest of their days as dwag fans.

Back