Moving toward Football in the Fall

Status
Not open for further replies.
There are a lot of posts in this thread. I admit to not having read them all. Some, I'm sure, are very good. But can I just skip to the end and register my firm belief that football starts on time and proceeds normally?

If that does not happen, I'm not sure where we go from there.

There are a lot of posts in this thread. I admit to not having read them all. Some, I'm sure, are very good. But can I just skip to the end and register my firm belief that football starts on time and proceeds normally?

If football does not happen this fall almost every AA in the nation will need to be bailed out.

There is a Trump rally tonight in Tulsa packed to the rafters. What are the odds no one in attendance contracts Covid? Maybe that can steer the ship in the right direction for the fall.

There is a Trump rally tonight in Tulsa packed to the rafters. What are the odds no one in attendance contracts Covid? Maybe that can steer the ship in the right direction for the fall.
Quick calculation shows they all have Covid and will all likely die. But college football will still be played.

• Yes yes we

Have you been contacted by GTAA that season tickets are available? Have you seen an advertisement for such? It’s late June. And it’s not not rocket science. Wake up.

There is a damn election this year. And it’s fing everything up.

If I am wrong I will supply the drinks at the first tailgate. Just name the time & place. Any guess on why so many athletes are testing posting all of a sudden? I would have thought they would have been very careful about there contacts.
Wooo. Hope you're saving up. This crowd can get thirsty! :)
And the official StingTalk tailgate will remain in the same place this year until one of you decides to ante up and get us a primo spot on Techwood near the stadium (Oh....and buys an RV for us to tailgate beside as well)

Seems this virus has a mind of its on. I read a reort a few weeks ago that talked about how these viruses burn off with summer heat & humidity. Hence why pro sports planning on leagues in Florida. Evidently this virus thrives under these conditions. Florida is now on the verge of lockdowns.

Seems this virus has a mind of its on. I read a reort a few weeks ago that talked about how these viruses burn off with summer heat & humidity. Hence why pro sports planning on leagues in Florida. Evidently this virus thrives under these conditions. Florida is now on the verge of lockdowns.

There comes a point where it gets hot enough to drive people inside into the AC. Florida and Arizona certainly fit that bill. The virus remains difficult to transmit outdoors, however, according to everything I read.

COVID-19 is an infectious disease which will be around for a long time, eventually disappearing when we reach herd immunity, but probably mutating to another form which will also spread through the community for a long time. This is an unfortunate part of nature, and viruses will always be with us, so we can't just wait it out in our basement like a tornado warning. This particular virus is pretty dangerous for elderly people and those with chronic medical conditions, but it is no worse than a cold or flu for younger, healthy people. The only reason for shutting down the economy and canceling schools was to slow the spread to avoid overwhelming hospitals, ICUs, and running out of ventilators. Having accomplished that, the best strategy is to let the high-risk individuals in the public continue to exercise caution while the low risk individuals return to their lives, acquiring natural immunity the way they do for every other respiratory infection.
The most astute post in the history of stingtalk. (should be banned for being too intelligent and rational for our group).

https://www.ajc.com/sports/college/...ce-bobby-dodd-stadium/TraZLi9pbATJU4Qvgf7c6L/

Georgia Tech athletic director Todd Stansbury plans to have football games at Bobby Dodd Stadium this fall. He just doesn’t know what they might look like, notably how many fans might be allowed into the 55,000-seat stadium.

Still unclear how much social distancing will be required in the stadium. Looks like most season ticket holders could be accommodated if it's a 50% reduction in seats, especially if people are given the option to skip this season and get a refund or credit.

What I fear might happen (and I hope it doesn’t) is that one coach or player (especially a high profile person) from any of the big sports (pro or college) gets COVID from sports related activities and then dies from it. That would likely throw everything into doubt.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back