Muffed punt or interference?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ForsythJacket

This is London.
The issue I have with following Georgia Tech as a football team is the same on I see with their grads when I am hiring people. Don’t give me öööö you have done that makes no point. Tell me how you have squared adversity in the face and beat it. If the most adversity you have had in your life is on paper you haven’t really done much son.
If you're referring to your position as the hiring manager at Flex, then perhaps you should vet your candidates more rigorously. You've never interviewed a Tech grad. Inbred piece of....

18in32

Petard Hoister
I have been watching some replays. I think there should have been an interference call on the punt. Maybe a call you wouldn't get at that venue, but still it looked pretty close to me.
Really not sure what's going on in this thread. (Typical ST shenanigans, I guess. Probably a lot of sarcastic references to other threads I haven't been following.) But I think you're certainly right. The kicking team does *not* have to make contact with the punt returner to constitute interference. Here's the actual quote from the 2019 NCAA rulebook:

NCAA Rules said:
SECTION 4. Opportunity To Catch a Kick
Interference With Opportunity

ARTICLE 1. a. If an inbounds player of the receiving team is located where he could catch a free kick or a scrimmage kick that has crossed the neutral zone, and if he is attempting to do so, he must be given an unimpeded opportunity to catch the kick (A.R. 6-3-1-III, A.R. 6-4-1-V, VI and IX).
  1. It is an interference foul if, before the receiver touches the ball, a Team A player enters the area defined by the width of the receiver’s shoulders and extending one yard in front of him. When in question it is a foul.(A.R. 6-4-1-X-XIII)

The TLDR is that no kicking team player can enter the area within one yard in front of the punt returner. I think it's pretty clear that the Clemson player did enter that zone as Juanyeh was trying to catch the ball – in fact the Clemson player had to jump out of the way to avoid actually hitting him. This caused Juanyeh to hesitate as he moved into position for the ball.
Screen Shot 2019-08-31 at 10.44.45 PM.png

It was a clear, almost textbook, case of interference with opportunity, IMHO. And the no call obvs had a huge impact on the game.

KrazieJacket

Dodd-Like
I have a best friend, GT Chem E. Had to quit his job to take care of his mother. Needs a job. I have done everything I can but can’t place him. Anybody in the room?

KrazieJacket

Dodd-Like
Get it? Ok I'm in. Let me know when your shift at friggin' Bojangles is over. You can then deliver my chicken biscuit as I draft the paperwork to foreclose on your öööö hole mobile home. You delusional piece of filth.
You can call me daddy because I deal in real life.

KrazieJacket

Dodd-Like
The öööö has got to hit the fan. GT fans that make more then the dumb öööös against the football team moving forward.

Status
Not open for further replies.