Muschamp to Scar?

Look at the trajectory of the QB's that played under him and then transferred elsewhere (which is like all of them):

Jacoby Brissett:
2011: 206 yds 2 TDs 4 INTs
2012: 249 yds 1 TD 0 INTs
--left for NC State--
2014: 2606 yds 23 TDs 5 INTs
2015: 2448 yds 19 TDs 4 INTs

Jeff Driskel:
2011: 148 yds 0 TDs 2 INTs
2012: 1646 yds 12 TDs 5 INTs
2013: 477 yds 2 TDs 3 INTs
2014: 1140 yds 9 TDs 10 INTs
--left for Louisiana Tech--
2015: 3575 yds 28 TDs 8 INTs

Tyler Murphy
2013: 1216 yds 6 TDs 5 INTs (61 yds rushing)
-left for BC--
2014: 1623 yds 13 TDs 10 INTs (1179 yds rushing)

That's all I need to see. Every single Florida QB under Muschamp was Reggie Ball caliber in terms of futility, and as soon as they transferred elsewhere they became playmakers. They clearly had a bunch of QB talent on the roster but could not do squat with it. All 3 of those guys became NFL talents as soon as they got away from Muschamp (albeit Murphy at WR).

It is all a Georgia master plan to subterfuge their rivals with one of their own boys. First Florida, then Auburn, now South Carolina.

yeah Driskel was a 5-star guy I think too

Driskel - 5* #1 Pro Style QB
Brissett - 4* #3 Dual Threat QB
Treon Harris - 4* #3 Dual Threat QB

Again; loaded with talent, can't do öööö with it.

Sleeper agent Muschamp strikes again. That's UF, Auburn, and SCar, all teams UGA plays and hates playing every year. This guy's HUMINT capacity is unreal. He's perhaps the most accomplished spy/saboteur of our time.

This hire isn't as bad as some people are thinking. I think he's got a shot to be successful. So long as he is completely HANDS OFF on offense.

I'd compare their situation to UGA. Both teams have really good DC's as head coach. Both program's future depends on the OC hire.

yes, quite a few

other names mentioned were Neuheisel and McWhorter

I think the clamoring for Mac was mostly when O'Leary left, though I wouldn't be surprised if some around here were still pining for him seven years later.

Strong, Spurrier, Edsall were also names thrown around.

yes, quite a few

other names mentioned were Neuheisel and McWhorter

IIRC, this guy was also a popular choice:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chris_Hatcher_(American_football)

Since then, he was fired from Georgia Southern and Murray State.

Before you join the vocal minority clamoring for PJ to be replaced, remember how weak our list of candidates has been the last 2 times. Paul Johnson was BY FAR the best coach we have had an opportunity to hire since O'Leary, and he was only still out there because the risk of running such a unique offense just isn't worth it for football factories.

This could be more entertaining than Spurrier throwing his visor.

EeRBeN68tmsik.gif

I wish I could find the subtitled version of this. My Google hand is weak.

Look at the trajectory of the QB's that played under him and then transferred elsewhere (which is like all of them):

Jacoby Brissett:
2011: 206 yds 2 TDs 4 INTs
2012: 249 yds 1 TD 0 INTs
--left for NC State--
2014: 2606 yds 23 TDs 5 INTs
2015: 2448 yds 19 TDs 4 INTs

Jeff Driskel:
2011: 148 yds 0 TDs 2 INTs
2012: 1646 yds 12 TDs 5 INTs
2013: 477 yds 2 TDs 3 INTs
2014: 1140 yds 9 TDs 10 INTs
--left for Louisiana Tech--
2015: 3575 yds 28 TDs 8 INTs

Tyler Murphy
2013: 1216 yds 6 TDs 5 INTs (61 yds rushing)
-left for BC--
2014: 1623 yds 13 TDs 10 INTs (1179 yds rushing)

That's all I need to see. Every single Florida QB under Muschamp was Reggie Ball caliber in terms of futility, and as soon as they transferred elsewhere they became playmakers. They clearly had a bunch of QB talent on the roster but could not do squat with it. All 3 of those guys became NFL talents as soon as they got away from Muschamp (albeit Murphy at WR).

you would probably have to admit that even QBs get better with more practice and experience, so comparing pre/post transfer numbers without recognizing that is not really good stats

Last edited:
sorry.:lol: in reply to johncu listing of QB stats and how much better they were after they transferred away from UF and Muschamp

Oh, gotcha. I thought you posted in the wrong thread but for the life of me I couldn't figure out which one you intended. :p

Back