Mutts keep mutting

He can't bark at games. Not in the press box. You get thrown out. Even at Sanford Stadium.
Belue got tossed from the old Gator Bowl press box for cheering during a Georgia-Florida game.

I’ll take your word for it. Why would a radio guy like good ‘ol buckshot Belue get thrown out for cheering? Isn’t that part of the job when your doing the local (homer) broadcast and not a regional/national network deal?

Don’t think that Chip is a “good” dude.

I’ll take your word for it. Why would a radio guy like good ‘ol buckshot Belue get thrown out for cheering? Isn’t that part of the job when your doing the local (homer) broadcast and not a regional/national network deal?

I covered Tech bball for the 'Nique one year including our game at the (then) Omni vs Michigan. I was courtside and at some point yelled when we made a good play. They were gonna toss me but I talked my way out of it - played the student card.

You absolutely cannot cheer if you are wearing a press pass.

Buck wasn’t doing radio that day. At least not during the game
He was in the writers portion of the press box, where there on occasion seats for TV folks not involved with the broadcast or shooting highlights from the sidelines, radio folks, visiting SID crew and athletic department folks

At Truist, for Braves games, the front row of the press box is reserved for BBWAA members (Baseball Writers of America)

I’ve known Chip a long time
How do you know him?

I covered Tech bball for the 'Nique one year including our game at the (then) Omni vs Michigan. I was courtside and at some point yelled when we made a good play. They were gonna toss me but I talked my way out of it - played the student card.

You absolutely cannot cheer if you are wearing a press pass.
The foreign press are absolutely puzzled by this when they come over to cover the Masters. But American writers are mostly silent in the press box, other than, hey, if you're getting up to get a beer, get me one too, couldya? (Press area at the Masters has free beer)
Chip is also the reason Steve Wyche is on the NFL Network. AJC sports editor at the time hired Wyche, who he was buddies with, and put him on Georgia beat. Towers, then working for Athens Banner-Herald, was kicking his ass so bad on the beat they had to move him to the Falcons, where there was no competition. So Wyche started covering the NFL that way.

I wonder if Georgia has a tiered system for punishment with these driving offenses:
5 star - a stern talking to, delivered to your agent
4 star - write five times I won't do that again
3 star - Oklahoma drills for a practice period
2 star - lose one level on depth chart
walk on - well, if your daddy or granddaddy has an athletic scholarship named after him, you have to clean up the practice field. If not, go run stadium steps.

Seen at the game today:

game sign.jpg

This has got to be the most ignorant, offensive editorial I have ever read. Is this POS serious ???
This guy is saying that the UGA culture is alright because their football team is so good. He sounds young and immature. One day he or one of his family members will meet one of these drunken speeding dogs on the road and his perspective will change.

This has got to be the most ignorant, offensive editorial I have ever read. Is this POS serious ???
Dude, you are obsessed with the dwags to the point that I wouldn’t be surprised to learn your two favorite teams are 1) whoever is playing Georgia, and 2) Georgia Tech.

This guy is saying that the UGA culture is alright because their football team is so good. He sounds young and immature. One day he or one of his family members will meet one of these drunken speeding dogs on the road and his perspective will change.
He is 36 years old and the official SEC sports journalist for the USA Today conglomerate.

That's exactly what he's saying. I dunno about young . . . some old folks have never matured. Another option is that he's a complete reprobate. Regardless, he seems like a disgusting excuse for a human being.

Y

You know what other cultures are a brotherhood based on connection?

The mafia, KKK, and Nazi party. Just win at all cost, ugag obviously has it going for them.

It'll end badly in due time. Always does.

Y

You know what other cultures are a brotherhood based on connection?

The mafia, KKK, and Nazi party. Just win at all cost, ugag obviously has it going for them.

It'll end badly in due time. Always does.
Well said. However the mafia, KKK and the Nazi party were horrific while they were at their peak. Just like UGA.

Back