Nathan Cottrell - the new Patrick Skov!

The Gus

Banhammer'd
Ban Hammer'd
Love the effort of Cottrell. I know he came back from an injury. Excellent all-around player.

But, has he EVER broken a tackle???? EVER. Same thing with Skov. All you have to do is touch either of these runners and they fall like a house of cards.

Jeeze......

Reactions: Ish
Love the effort of Cottrell. I know he came back from an injury. Excellent all-around player.

But, has he EVER broken a tackle???? EVER. Same thing with Skov. All you have to do is touch either of these runners and they fall like a house of cards.

Jeeze......
Been saying it for 3 years about him.

With any awareness he’d of had a TD and put the game away early. That said he still balled out today.

Been saying it for 3 years about him.

With any awareness he’d of had a TD and put the game away early. That said he still balled out today.
Exactly! He just doesn't make defenses miss. I don't recall it ever happening. Maybe someone can load a video of him breaking a tackle?

He ran for 90 yds on 9 carries today, 1 td. Cottrell is a baller.
You are an idiot.
I didn't say he wasn't good. I didn't say he wasn't a baller.
All I said is that he never breaks a tackle. All the other running backs do.

Jeeze......

öööö off you lard ass loser. You and @cincyjacket should start your own forum, or we just block you both.

I didn't say he wasn't good. I didn't say he wasn't a baller.
All I said is that he never breaks a tackle. All the other running backs do.
All his carries run him to the sideline as hard as he can get there. Harder to break and go up that way.

Cottrell isn't a juker/wiggler, but his speed and strength make him a good AB.

Cottrell--High speed, low wiggle, medium strength
Skov--Low speed, low wiggle, high strength

Kinda hard to juke people when you can run 30 mph.

But the OP has a point. Nate should have been able to make that one guy miss. I know I was disappointed.

Kinda hard to juke people when you can run 30 mph.

But the OP has a point. Nate should have been able to make that one guy miss. I know I was disappointed.

When you run for 90 yards in a D1 football game on the road I'll then take your criticisms seriously of a guy who did just that.

Skov is the worst comparison anyone could possibly make. He was supposed to be our answer to the BB position but was completely ineffective. Cottrell was supposed to be our answer to the AB position and has always been productive and at times terrific. I get your comparison, though, which is unable to make the first guy miss (which coincidentally is my problem with TQM), but I can live with this if the first contact is 10+ yards down the field.

When you run for 90 yards in a D1 football game on the road I'll then take your criticisms seriously of a guy who did just that.
It’s not a knock on Cottrell. He’s been my favorite A-back this season. I just expected him to make that guy miss. Was surprised he got tackled there. It was his only “C’mon, man!” moment of the day. I bet he’d tell you the same thing.

It’s not a knock on Cottrell. He’s been my favorite A-back this season. I just expected him to make that guy miss. Was surprised he got tackled there. It was his only “C’mon, man!” moment of the day. I bet he’d tell you the same thing.

I can’t remember Cottrell ever making a tackler miss. Most of the yards he gets are from the scheme, not anything the player is doing particularly well as a runner. At least he is a pretty good blocker.

Back