ND is good

A .500 regular season would be a gift unless Tehas significantly improves.

well they are 0-1 already. Massey has them as significant underdogs in five of their remaining games, and slight favorites in two others. I think 6-6 is a distinct possibility for them.

Texas may very well be a bad Pwr 5 team this year, but beating any Pwr 5 team as soundly as ND beat Tx suggests to me that ND is legitimately good enough on both sides of the ball to deserve the respect they're getting in the rankings.

I wouldn't go that far. I'm expecting Tehas to lose to Rice and UND to squeak by a bad UVa.

Texas may very well be a bad Pwr 5 team this year, but beating any Pwr 5 team as soundly as ND beat Tx suggests to me that ND is legitimately good enough on both sides of the ball to deserve the respect they're getting in the rankings.

I would rather ND hammer UVA and they think they are better than they really are and GT bring them back down to reality.

Hard to get around this conclusion. They changed my mind.

FWIW ND is also worried about us

Whole lot of angst on both sides leading in to that. Should be pretty close to the marquis matchup of the day.

So, beating WF this year by ~30 would be impressive?

Hard to get around this conclusion. They changed my mind.

Whole lot of angst on both sides leading in to that. Should be pretty close to the marquis matchup of the day.

So, beating WF this year by ~30 would be impressive?

I just can't warp my head around the underlying premise that Texas is no better than Wake Forest. It just doesn't compute. While I admit anything's possible, I just don't see how.

Their hype train has more mass x velocity than ours.

You cannot discount the enormous impact it will have on the outcome of the game.

I honestly think that Tehas is a dumpster fire. It's too early to say what will become of WF. Their offensive looks a little better so far though.

I just can't warp my head around the underlying premise that Texas is no better than Wake Forest. It just doesn't compute. While I admit anything's possible, I just don't see how.

I honestly think that Tehas is a dumpster fire. It's too early to say what will become of WF. Their offensive looks a little better so far though.

Texas is in such a dire situation after getting blown out by their last three games that they fired their offensive coordinator after the first game of the season to replace him with a former Oklahoma offensive coordinator (also once fired from Oklahoma). To say that their program is in a dark night is to put it lightly. It has been one season and a game for Charlie Strong and he is already desperate to get off the hot seat - which means it took only 1 season to get him there in the first place.

Texas is last in just about every meaningful category in FBS right now.

Their hype train has more mass x velocity than ours.

You cannot discount the enormous impact it will have on the outcome of the game.

Oh yeah, well we're gonna deliver a serious J on 9/19, resulting in quite a negative delta(m x v) for them.

I hope our team is concentrating ONLY on Tulane and ND is their farthermost thought right now. Otherwise it could be a long day at Bobby Dodd Saturday

I hope our team is concentrating ONLY on Tulane and ND is their farthermost thought right now. Otherwise it could be a long day at Bobby Dodd Saturday

Agreed, although it is very, very difficult for me to even imagine this GT team having a meltdown of Penn State type proportions against Tulane.

It's the team's job to "take things week to week." They will handle Tulane. Everyone here is already sweating South Bend. It's silly.

Watched ND handle TX and was surprised they did it so easy but TX can not get outside like we can but ND may make us since they are huge in the DL.I say we will put too much press ure on the corners to stop us but.......we have to play defense.....they will be ready to play so we need to be ready too........:turbonoes:

As long as JT stays healthy and we turn the ball over less than 3 times, I don't see us scoring less than 30 on Notre Dame.

Flip side, I'm not sure we can keep their QB under 70% completions either.

Watched ND handle TX and was surprised they did it so easy but TX can not get outside like we can but ND may make us since they are huge in the DL.I say we will put too much press ure on the corners to stop us but.......we have to play defense.....they will be ready to play so we need to be ready too........:turbonoes:

This. I was scanning the ND boards yesterday to see what their fan base is saying and it is very similar to how our fans feel about the game. Lot of respect for the opponent, concerns being able to defend the other team, knowing that it will likely be the first real test and expecting a close high scoring game.

It should be great. BUT, gotta take care of Tulane first.

Back