ND is good

The thread I saw has them predicting a win by 2 TD. They are not overly concerned with our game.

The thread I saw has them predicting a win by 2 TD. They are not overly concerned with our game.

A lot of the predictions I saw of theirs for the UVa game were only a win by 14-17 points. I don't see how they think our game and the UVa game will be the same.

They're only giving us 2 TDs? May as well be a pick'em game.

Every decent team's fans predict they will beat us by a few scores.

See last year: Clemson, UGA, MSU.

Clemmons and MSU fans were very confident going into playing us, and we cut the grass.

As long as JT stays healthy and we turn the ball over less than 3 times, I don't see us scoring less than 30 on Notre Dame.

Flip side, I'm not sure we can keep their QB under 70% completions either.

Mos def. This game comes down to our DEF getting a few stops (be it out on 3rd down, or turnovers). I expect Brian Kelly will go for it on 4th down in unfavorable field positions if we show we can't be stopped on offense.

A lot of the predictions I saw of theirs for the UVa game were only a win by 14-17 points. I don't see how they think our game and the UVa game will be the same.

they types of fans that Notre Dame has that are active online pay a lot of attention to recruiting rankings, since they consistently show ND in a good light. Hence they will think we are a good team, but untalented while UVA is a talented team that is better than their record.

Plus road vs home.

I've skimmed a few boards and there seems to be a mix of people who think:

- they'll score at will against our defense that returned a lot, but was bad last year
- they simply out-talent us at every position
- they'll go 11-1 or 12-0 depending on the USC game
- they will have trouble with the option (reference Navy a lot)
- GT scares them the most of anybody on the schedule
- GTs TOP will limit possessions and put a lot of pressure on them to score

Pretty much like any other fanbase that has hype coming into the season. Confidence with a few more reasonable posters that see an 11-win team from the previous year as a potential threat.

I will point out that I'm surprised how little they know about Tech other than we run option plays and had a good season in 2014. Don't think I saw a single reference to an actual player on our team. Their savior Zaire won't be the best QB on the field and I'm not sure they are aware of that yet.

Mos def. This game comes down to our DEF getting a few stops (be it out on 3rd down, or turnovers). I expect Brian Kelly will go for it on 4th down in unfavorable field positions if we show we can't be stopped on offense.

I think we'll need more than a few stops. They have enough talent at LB/DB to disrupt some drives with our inexperience on the perimeter. I think we'll score a good amount, but a few fumbled pitches and you never know what could happen.

I think we're the better team overall (players/scheme/coaches) but we're on the road and have some young guys that will be playing in a hostile environment for the first time. It'll be back and forth. Both teams scoring between 24-34. I'll go 31-27 GT, but wouldn't be surprised either way.

I will point out that I'm surprised how little they know about Tech other than we run option plays and had a good season in 2014. Don't think I saw a single reference to an actual player on our team. Their savior Zaire won't be the best QB on the field and I'm not sure they are aware of that yet.

I did notice that as well. I really hope JT5 has a big day with some signature plays like he had in the Orange Bowl.

I think we'll need more than a few stops. They have enough talent at LB/DB to disrupt some drives with our inexperience on the perimeter. I think we'll score a good amount, but a few fumbled pitches and you never know what could happen.

I think we're the better team overall (players/scheme/coaches) but we're on the road and have some young guys that will be playing in a hostile environment for the first time. It'll be back and forth. Both teams scoring between 24-34. I'll go 31-27 GT, but wouldn't be surprised either way.

This is how I see it. Being on the road makes this a toss up. On a neutral field, I think we win by 10 however the environment will be rocking. I think we lucked out playing a 3:30 game up there though, and for that reason I think we still win. If it was a night game, I may feel differently.

Back