New announcer update...

How many of y'all will actually listen to a radio broadcast?

I remember catching a handful a year in the last 90's/early 00's when every game wasn't on TV, but with ESPN3 airing pretty much everything now I can't remember the last time I actually heard Wes call a game. I've caught a post-game show or two leaving the stadium and heard his voice on post-game YouTube highlights, but actually listening to a game? I can't remember the last time I did that.

Wes's play-by-play trumps EVERYTHING.

E-V-E-R-Y-T-H-I-N-G.

Well I enjoy listening to the radio broadcasts over the TV broadcasts. Usually though living in Athens the game is really out of sync with the TV so its not fun.

You're an idiot if you think Munson was anything but a joke

Larry Munson is one of the single greatest radio personalities in sports in the past 50 years. His voice is absolutely perfect for calling football games and he did a great job.

Do I like him? no. Do I think he is a good person? no. Did I love listening to him? yes.

Wondered how you guys did that with radio usually being at least several seconds ahead of the tv.

Wondered how you guys did that with radio usually being at least several seconds ahead of the tv.

I've always figured there has to be some program or device that could delay the radio to get it synced up with the TV broadcast. Does anyone make a radio version of a DVR?:biggrin:

Larry Munson is one of the single greatest radio personalities in sports in the past 50 years. His voice is absolutely perfect for calling football games and he did a great job.

Do I like him? no. Do I think he is a good person? no. Did I love listening to him? yes.

Munson was horrible about actually calling the game, i.e., the nuts and bolts of it. The best part was hearing stuff such as, years ago when the Mutts visited Clemson, "wave after wave of those huge orange monsters coming off the bench" or when driving to a GSU game several years ago and catching part of a Georgia broadcast as they played Louisiana-Hyphen or some such. And in the middle of the second quarter, getting a good 15 seconds or more of dead air. Not because the mikes went bad or there was an injury on the field. Just ... dead air. And when Munson finally provided an utterance, it was if he had just gotten up from a nap.

Hated Munson when the Dawgs won - "It's raining sugar from the sky!" "Run Lindsey, Run Lindsey!" - could anything be worse?

Loved him when they were losing. So many times I would see UGA was going down to defeat near the end of a 3:30 kickoff game and I would go out to my car and ride around listening to 750AM just to hear his misery.

I've always figured there has to be some program or device that could delay the radio to get it synced up with the TV broadcast. Does anyone make a radio version of a DVR?:biggrin:

If you can find an on-line radio stream, it's usually BEHIND the video....so you can then pause your DVR to sync it.

I use a program called Radio Delay. Plug the radio output into the PC and set the delay accordingly. Takes a few minutes in the 1st quarter to get it perfect.

Hated Munson when the Dawgs won - "It's raining sugar from the sky!" "Run Lindsey, Run Lindsey!" - could anything be worse?

Loved him when they were losing. So many times I would see UGA was going down to defeat near the end of a 3:30 kickoff game and I would go out to my car and ride around listening to 750AM just to hear his misery.

The classics never get old:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O5CLeU2mFsk

Google SportSync radio

I have no doubt that a professional would realize that "put an eagle 6 on it" was his Georgia Southern thing. If he gets te GT job he'll be looking for a new thing. Something like, "Touchdown Georgia Tech *blows into a toy train whistle*"

Yes, look at me, reviving a long-dead thread.

But Georgia Southern's PBP guy is getting the LSU gig. They're also losing their school president to Georgia Regents. Two very replaceable parts IMO.

I remember Blair's name getting bandied about to replace Wes. With Brandon in now, I think Tech fans won out. By a wide, wide margin.

Once LSU fans hear the ton of mistakes Blair makes in a game, he'll be there two years before they take his mike away.

Anyone that wonders if we got the right guy to follow Wes, just listen to this.

[y]nCYDE_P9AKM[/y]

Yes, look at me, reviving a long-dead thread.

banhammer1.jpg

You could have quoted this and started a new thread. But I agree nonetheless.

It's late, I'm PO'ed at work and I wasn't sure a thread devoted to the soon to be ex Southern PBP guy would generate much heat, even if he had been a candidate (how serious, IDK, but dear lord I hope not very serious) to succeed Wes.

Let's just say it's also a good reminder that we have a good one in the booth now.

Back