New announcer update...

My glasses are not tinted so gold that I can not find an appreciation for Larry Munson. Although I do have to say that it was entertaining to hear him on the losing end.

When I was a kid Tech had a basketball announcer that would say "get" every time someone made a shot. This was probably in the mid to late 80's. Who was that guy?

I'm not sure how I feel about "put a Jacket 6 on it". It's not immediately growing on me.

Would still prefer Hubby.

My glasses are not tinted so gold that I can not find an appreciation for Larry Munson. Although I do have to say that it was entertaining to hear him on the losing end.

When I was a kid Tech had a basketball announcer that would say "get" every time someone made a shot. This was probably in the mid to late 80's. Who was that guy?

Al Cirado, and it as more of a 'gute' or 'goot' as a staccato 'good'.

I thought "bunnies" were uncontested layups?

Or Putbacks. Offensive player jumps for the rebound, lands, then immediately jumps again for the putback off the glass. Player essentially hops twice, hence bunny.

I still will sometimes pronounce "good" as "gute".

Shoot me now.

Architorture, listening to "put an Eagle 6 on it" has been audiotorture.

I have been friends for a long time with the guy who did Georgia Southern football before Blair. He is a great guy and absolutely bleeds blue and white. He's no Durham or Gene Deckerhoff (seriously - listen to Deckerhoff call a FSU or Tampa Bay Bucs game. Dude is legit) but I think he was better than what Southern fans have had the last few years.

"Put an Eagle 6 on it" is worse than Berman yelling back back back back in the HR derby every year.

You're an idiot if you think Munson was anything but a joke

Signature calls are hard to take unless you grew up around them. I grew up listening to Al. I lived in Tennessee for a number of years and their "legendary voice of the Vols" John Ward's signature was "Give! Him! Six! ......TouchDoooowwwnn!!!! Tennessee!!!" Big Orange Fanatics would frenzy. Disgusting.

Architorture, listening to "put an Eagle 6 on it" has been audiotorture.

I have been friends for a long time with the guy who did Georgia Southern football before Blair. He is a great guy and absolutely bleeds blue and white. He's no Durham or Gene Deckerhoff (seriously - listen to Deckerhoff call a FSU or Tampa Bay Bucs game. Dude is legit) but I think he was better than what Southern fans have had the last few years.

Nate was terrific...

Nate was terrific...

Nate is as great a guy and as engaging as anybody you'd ever want to meet. And you could absolutely feel his passion for the Eagles when he called the game. First guy and school to broadcast every single baseball game, I think.

How many of y'all will actually listen to a radio broadcast?

I remember catching a handful a year in the last 90's/early 00's when every game wasn't on TV, but with ESPN3 airing pretty much everything now I can't remember the last time I actually heard Wes call a game. I've caught a post-game show or two leaving the stadium and heard his voice on post-game YouTube highlights, but actually listening to a game? I can't remember the last time I did that.

I have no doubt that a professional would realize that "put an eagle 6 on it" was his Georgia Southern thing. If he gets te GT job he'll be looking for a new thing. Something like, "Touchdown Georgia Tech *blows into a toy train whistle*"

Back