New BDS Security Procedures

But "wanding" you is a way to inspect you for a weapon, as opposed to just plain metal detectors.

Wrong. "Wanding" is commonly used when you don't want to go to the trouble of installing plain metal detectors; or used until you install plain metal detectors.

Ok, so my initial assumption was that this is because of general risk assessment related to possible terrorist activities like everywhere else. I could at least understand if this is the rationale. But, if this really is a response to campus carry, that's really, really dumb. Like the type of person who would carry into a football game wouldn't have already been carrying on campus regardless of any restrictions. If there's truly a danger to concealed carry in the stadium, the wands should have shown up the same time they showed up at Turner Field/Georgia Dome.

I'm going to choose to believe my initial assumption is correct for the purposes of my own sanity.

I guess gat phact wasn't a big enough signal for sarcasm. It is always fun triggering JJacket though.
True. That response was actually my sarcastic/caustic way to check my assumption that bullets are still the holdup on metal detector beating firearms.

A determined person will not be deterred by wanding - or metal detectors. Doing this type of screening only allows for the facility manager to limit/avoid liability in the event of an attack. It also helps to make the sheeple feel more "secure".

Looking forward to the crush of people at Gate 4 being even worse since attaching wrist-bands to bags was bad enough.

You want security at a public event? Maintain 24/7/52 vigilance at the facility, inspect every item that enters the facility -no matter how small, disallow any carry-in items and only allow naked people to attend.

Even then you have to hope that one of them did not swallow a bomb.

edit to add: Swallow a bomb, like your mom did last night.

Tuck it right in front behind your belt buckle. Belt buckle always makes the wand go off and they never say anything about it.

A determined person will not be deterred by wanding - or metal detectors. Doing this type of screening only allows for the facility manager to limit/avoid liability in the event of an attack. It also helps to make the sheeple feel more "secure".

Looking forward to the crush of people at Gate 4 being even worse since attaching wrist-bands to bags was bad enough.

You want security at a public event? Maintain 24/7/52 vigilance at the facility, inspect every item that enters the facility -no matter how small, disallow any carry-in items and only allow naked people to attend.

Even then you have to hope that one of them did not swallow a bomb.

edit to add: Swallow a bomb, like your mom did last night.
And yet, if you get caught in the stadium with it, you have broken the law, which is my point. Smuggling a Chick Fil A in isn't breaking the law. Smuggling a Glock in is. Don't know if it is just a misdemeanor or not

And yet, if you get caught in the stadium with it, you have broken the law, which is my point. Smuggling a Chick Fil A in isn't breaking the law. Smuggling a Glock in is. Don't know if it is just a misdemeanor or not
first offense is a $25 fine. subsequent offenses are misdemeanors.

#worthit

So am I the only one that thinks this is a passive aggressive response to campus carry?

Probably not.

Only government agencies can think that those obeying the campus carry law would be the same type people as criminals.

Back