New Bobby Dodd Stadium survey from AA

DinnerJacket

Slowly eroding every brain cell
Just responded. Lots of 'things' being discussed to 'improve' the stadium. I gave my answers. My biggest concern, while I do understand, and like a lot of the proposed 'upgrades', I just hate we're losing the mystique of college sports. There is nothing that compares to the pageantry of college football and the more we try to make it NFL, the more we lose that. But that's just me. Now, get off my lawn!

Skydog

Eat a Peach
video boards to show other CFB games during our game. not highlights, actual games. seems like you could make money doing that too somehow.

andrew

Bobby Bonilla's Financial Planner
Just responded. Lots of 'things' being discussed to 'improve' the stadium. I gave my answers. My biggest concern, while I do understand, and like a lot of the proposed 'upgrades', I just hate we're losing the mystique of college sports. There is nothing that compares to the pageantry of college football and the more we try to make it NFL, the more we lose that. But that's just me. Now, get off my lawn!
Sadly that ship has already sailed I think.

JJacket

Declared dead for tax purposes.
Why does Alcoholics Anonymous care? Is it the fight song again?

GTCrew

Patrick Henry
I told him I was very scared and that security was wholly inadequate and should be upgraded to a level similar to passport control. In Israel. If the lines to get in are not 30 minutes long then I dont have confidence that the searching is adequate. All fans truly appreciate the intense screening. Its our favorite part of gameday.

I also said my wife really likes not being able to take her purse in, and prefers to have to put her belongings into a clear bag like the criminal she is. Season ticket holders especially should be treated like the drug mules they are inclined to be and should have to wear clear clothing so they cant sneak their evil contraband in. How do i know what kind of awful öööö those deplorables next to me might have in their pockets when they are allowed to wear opaque clothing?

05GTCorndog

Staff member
Just tear down the south stands and add premium seating there.

I want premium seating, but I don't want to go back to the refugee camp / bomb shelter under the East Stands.

GTCrew

Patrick Henry
Just tear down the south stands and add premium seating there.

I want premium seating, but I don't want to go back to the refugee camp / bomb shelter under the East Stands.
This, this, this, this. I'm pretty sure the elevation is there to have maybe 5-6 rows of chair backs there straight off the terrace without even affecting the seats below. The Wardlaw building should be the fancy pants lounge where old rich people watch the game on TV in the AC eating horderves. The current east chair back section should have waiters. The current east lounge should be boxes again. Or could be a shared box where you sell individual tickets in that box. Neither the shared box not the Wardlaw lounge should have assigned seats. Experience has proven the seats are being used at such a low percentage that you don't need a 1:1 "traditional" seat to ticket ratio. If you sell 300 tickets to the Wardlaw lounge, you might only need 100 or 200 seats outside.

gtleviathan

Dodd-Like
Best possible upgrade to Bobby Dodd would be to add an overhang over the East stands (at least upper deck.)

DeepSnap

Flats Noob
Looked like they are just trying to see where "the line in the sand is..." or judge how much pain the market will bear.

Have been in some of those pictured places, most recently at DKR-M in Austin, and it adds quite a higher level to the in-venue experience.

From the gripes, moans&groans, et al I've read on various sites, these types of facilities & food services upgrades are what you have been wanting.

But, just like the recently completed AI2020 fund drive, TStan's looking to the ticket buying fan base to tip that delicate balance of "Wants" vs "What I'm willing to spend for what I Want" to stadium upgrades without doing a Dave Braine(less)/DRAD oversell/overdo/overhaul.

Just my $.02 worth.

athensjacket

Varsity Lurker
What I want at a college football game:
I want somewhere to sit where I can see the game. I want a simple scoreboard, and I want to hear the BAND. I want a PA announcer occasionally. A place to piss, and a place to get a hot dog and a coke (or beer). Oh, and a winning team. That's all I ask.

What I don't want:
Absurd prices. A ridiculously loud PA system, with ridiculously loud piped-in music. And I do not want to watch other games while at the Tech game.

GTROY

Damn Good Rat
I've said for awhile that we should chairback both lower sidelines. It would reduce the number of seats and likely drive a price increase, but we have too many seats as-is. You could keep cost stable in the upper areas to continue to give people good view options at a lower cost.

athensjacket

Varsity Lurker
So you're the douche behind me yelling, "Down in front," all the time.
Where in the hell did you get that idea? I stand frequently, myself.
But I do want a simple place to sit (bench, stump, I don't care) when the mood hits me. yes. I do not require a chairback with cup holder and armrest.