New Football Division is Happening

Why so much worry about Title IX?

Complete the transformation to a pro sport:

Form new corporations for football that employ players, rent the on campus facilities from the schools and pay a fee to the school for the naming rights. If a player wants to go to class they can - assuming they can get admitted - and pay for the tuition themselves.

Boom. No more SAs. No more direct association with an entity that receives Federal money. No more Title IX.

öööö, big-money alums - or just big money people - might be interested in owning such a corporation given the value of pro sports teams.
I genuinely do like this idea. (Un)fortunately it goes against is the mission statement of every college athletics association.

Sweet, now move the NFL to Saturdays. Outside of Tech I don't care much for other games, unless I catch a close one on that looks entertaining.

I'd much rather have a Saturday full of entertaining games that actually has a legitimate playoff and not one based on what the talking heads get to sway.

College football used to have a veil of romanticism about it. Fall Saturday afternoons walking through the campus as the leaves on the trees turn crimson, yellow, and orange. Sitting on aluminum benches in the sun and rushing to the bathroom at halftime to pee in a trough while watching another man's pee float by. Now it is just about the $$$.

Exactly what GTBandit22 is saying....If your school gets left out, you will continue following your school or shift your time / money to the NFL. Will not be surprised when the NFL starts playing games on Saturday crushing the viewership numbers for the new pay for play college division.

Or thinking in a another direction, why wouldn't NFL teams "adopt" a school or two and fund their NIL initiative in order to put their hooks into 18yr old future superstars by funneling them through a particular school and then to the pros, without breaking the 3 yr rule?
Basically another version of Minor League.
Don't have to miss getting them with a Draft pick because the kid (per their NIL contract) foregoes the draft and signs as a UFA.
This might be a cheaper way of getting talent before they've proven themselves.

The possibilities of exploitation are limitless. I hope GT gets back to playing College football against other student athletes on a sunny Saturday afternoon after a nice tailgate experience.
F--- the factories and the NFL.

If this is left to the free market, I assume the schools that want to (and have the funds to) compete at the top level will be separated from those that don’t or can’t. At some point, the limit of the market will be found. The chips will fall where they may, possibly with interest in college football taking a major nosedive. But nonetheless, the market will work it out.

If this is left to the free market, I assume the schools that want to (and have the funds to) compete at the top level will be separated from those that don’t or can’t. At some point, the limit of the market will be found. The chips will fall where they may, possibly with interest in college football taking a major nosedive. But nonetheless, the market will work it out.
It doesn’t always work out. But we will see. The market isn’t kind nor is it cruel. But in this case I think it will mean than TV will drive the change instead of actual competition

It doesn’t always work out. But we will see. The market isn’t kind nor is it cruel. But in this case I think it will mean than TV will drive the change instead of actual competition
The various teams’ fan bases could still blow it out of the water. Someone mentioned SMU has more billionaires within a mile of its campus than any other school. If enough of them want a championship at any cost, who knows. It’s at least possible we see an entire realignment of the football powerhouses.

The various teams’ fan bases could still blow it out of the water. Someone mentioned SMU has more billionaires within a mile of its campus than any other school. If enough of them want a championship at any cost, who knows. It’s at least possible we see an entire realignment of the football powerhouses.
The problem is they haven’t. It’s all been based on how many eyeballs not how rich the alumni

Wow, you should start doing drugs.

Back