New Football Uniforms

CalvinJohnson.jpg

Obligatory, if a bit late.

Best Uni ever.....hands down. Let's buy em in bulk and close this argument.

I don't know anyone who thinks this isn't the best uni we've had in the last couple decades. The Black Watch unis are a close second.
jWhoa dude,pay attention,I like the uni over our mess we wear today but Dodd uni or the home blue Ross wore are my favorite two.I do think with the fans divided you can always schdule a game and wear one of the unis and nobody will get upset.LIke unis but like white tops and gold pans.

Was never a fan of these jerseys. The helmet looked good but the gold was really ugly
its funny because it is said to be a throwback.. but it really isnt exactly a replica of the old uniforms since the gold on the older jersey was darker then the ones we were wearing in 2006 vs UVA

its funny because it is said to be a throwback.. but it really isnt exactly a replica of the old uniforms since the gold on the older jersey was darker then the ones we were wearing in 2006 vs UVA
You are right the original Bud Carson unis were a darker goldish color.You are spot on about that.

why do we deny ourselves good things?

I concur with this defeatist sentiment. I've been rooting for Tech all my life and absolutely love our gold helmets. However, I'd bend for the UVA 2006 unis. We played wicked awesomely in them, too.

I love the Ross blue, as well. However, ACC champ game against Wake, CFA Blow vs. LSU, and Miami '10 get me down on them. Yes.... blow.

I hate uniform threads, but here goes...It's time to define this era with our own uni's and not and older era's uni's. Needs to be a complete overhaul. Helmets, jerseys, pants. You think Dodd said "hey you guys want to go with the John Heisman style uni's this year?" Hell no! He put his own twist on the uni's for his era. I don't care what they look like as long as they are new and not recycled from another era. Freakin move on!

The funny thing about these is we really wanted to wear the Dodd look, but Carson, trying to make his own mark, insisted on the change in 1968 after only allowing the 1966 style to last the 1967 season.

It is rather ironic, from the point of view of one who wore the "2006 Throwback" as a principle uni, that it is now one of the 2 or 3 preferred looks over the current "uniform of the week."

Was never a fan of these jerseys. The helmet looked good but the gold was really ugly

I hate uniform threads, but here goes...It's time to define this era with our own uni's and not and older era's uni's. Needs to be a complete overhaul. Helmets, jerseys, pants. You think Dodd said "hey you guys want to go with the John Heisman style uni's this year?" Hell no! He put his own twist on the uni's for his era. I don't care what they look like as long as they are new and not recycled from another era. Freakin move on!

A cool way to look at it. You have won yourself a uniform convert. +1'd.

The funny thing about these is we really wanted to wear the Dodd look, but Carson, trying to make his own mark, insisted on the change in 1968 after only allowing the 1966 style to last the 1967 season.

It is rather ironic, from the point of view of one who wore the "2006 Throwback" as a principle uni, that it is now one of the 2 or 3 preferred looks over the current "uniform of the week."[/QUOT Yep yall were the trend setters and the old gold sucked.I did like the helmets but the color of the jersey never caught on.Dodd kept jerseys and unis the same for over twenty years and funny after Bud left,the coaches that followed went back to Dodd style unis.What do we do now,change every year or be the Oregon of the ACC.Bull I say,last I heard we didnt change the American Flag due to a new President.

Mack, I'm not sure I've ever seen you successfully use the quotation tag.

Back