New Football Uniforms

I would say they are summer.They wear a piss cutter cap unless you are a Chief P.O.Folks thought the Marines had disguared its green class A unifrom for the old calvary uni we see on TV with navy pants and gold stripe etc.

Many of y'all may know from the OT board that I can be a reactionary conservative. I like our old uniforms. BUT GT needs all the help it can get. I have no problem being the Oregon of the southeast if it comes with the recruiting and winning like they are getting.

But the problem is quality. Even if you don't like Oregon's uniforms, you can at least tell they are well thought out, if not stylish.

With our uniforms, you can tell that they're pure crap -- just take the existing uniform throw an extra stripe or "stinger" somewhere.

Russell? Seriously, that is some cheap sh*t. Might as well go real low-rent and have Starter do our uniforms.

Kids couple then pick them up at Wal Mart along with a Larry the Cable Guy Snow-Cone Machine.

Russell? Seriously, that is some cheap sh*t. Might as well go real low-rent and have Starter do our uniforms.

Kids couple then pick them up at Wal Mart along with a Larry the Cable Guy Snow-Cone Machine.

Uh you realize that starter use to be a uniforms sponser for us right?? Also the NFL use them also

Uh, you realize that starter used to be a uniform sponsor for us right? Also, the NFL uses them also[redundant, consider "as well" or "too"].
Let's stir things up a bit, there's no 'zazz' to this thread.

But the problem is quality. Even if you don't like Oregon's uniforms, you can at least tell they are well thought out, if not stylish.

With our uniforms, you can tell that they're pure crap -- just take the existing uniform throw an extra stripe or "stinger" somewhere.

Exactly. It is the worst of both worlds. The new designs piss off a bunch of fans and they are not interesting enough to excite an 18 y/o.

As to the insightful comment that the other southeastern schools (Bama, Tenn, UGA, UF etc) don't need to and/or won't change, that is the only reason such a plan would work for GT.

If everybody did it it wouldn't work. If Russell could develop a GT uniform that would excite high school students and get a lot of them wearing GT apparel, that would affect recruiting.

Thats a LOT easier said than done, but it is something to remember and important to consider.

As much as I HATE most of Oregon's uniforms, the simple fact is that it is totally working. The school has a lot of buzz. It is "look at me" buzz, but "look at me" is very effective with teenagers.

Edit P.S. (Not as good as Auburn's buying players obviously, but almost that good)

I can't believe we made it this far into a uni thread without the standard "CJ-in-throwback" pic, followed immediately by "+100000 OMG best uni EVAR!!!1!"

I can't believe we made it this far into a uni thread without the standard "CJ-in-throwback" pic, followed immediately by "+100000 OMG best uni EVAR!!!1!"
Its a slow season,things will perk up soon.

Just watched a video of Scott Sisson nailing the FG @ #1 UVA in 1990.

THOSE unis may have been the best ever.

slideshow_200409_7.jpg

Just watched a video of Scott Sisson nailing the FG @ #1 UVA in 1990.

THOSE unis may have been the best ever.

slideshow_200409_7.jpg
I will take those if Russell Southern would give them to the players.Its a classy uniform.Everybody used to know tech by the uniform and helmet.Not now.

Exactly. It is the worst of both worlds. The new designs piss off a bunch of fans and they are not interesting enough to excite an 18 y/o.

As to the insightful comment that the other southeastern schools (Bama, Tenn, UGA, UF etc) don't need to and/or won't change, that is the only reason such a plan would work for GT.

If everybody did it it wouldn't work. If Russell could develop a GT uniform that would excite high school students and get a lot of them wearing GT apparel, that would affect recruiting.

Thats a LOT easier said than done, but it is something to remember and important to consider.

As much as I HATE most of Oregon's uniforms, the simple fact is that it is totally working. The school has a lot of buzz. It is "look at me" buzz, but "look at me" is very effective with teenagers.

Edit P.S. (Not as good as Auburn's buying players obviously, but almost that good)
The only reason anybody is LOOKING at them is because they are WINNING!
97.gif

The only reason anybody is LOOKING at them is because they are WINNING!
97.gif

They were wearing goofy stuff way before they were winning. And getting attention on ESPN for it. And that goofy stuff was attracting a lot of cali boys to the pacific northwest.

Actual order...
Goofy uniforms
decent players
winning
excellent players
lots of winning

They were wearing goofy stuff way before they were winning. And getting attention on ESPN for it. And that goofy stuff was attracting a lot of cali boys to the pacific northwest.

Actual order...
Goofy uniforms
decent players
winning
excellent players
lots of winning
Well let them wear their goofy unis and stay on the west coast.we dont need feathers and duck feet and yellow socks at Tech.We have enough trouble with yellow vs gold vs stripes vs slashes vs pin stripping.What a mess.

CalvinJohnson.jpg

Obligatory, if a bit late.
Tech has had four good looking unis.The one pictured here is a Carson era and its good.The Dodd unis were similiar to the away unis that Chan used and with exception of gold vs vegas gold it was a great look.Ross and his home blue was voted best ACC uni in a poll of acc fans yet we throw that away for a mess with yellow instead of gold,stripes and slashes and pinstripping etc.what a mess.

Back