New Football Uniforms

The new Unis for 2011.
2rNIn.jpg

I wouldn't hate those jerseys, because those are not Russell, and a move away from Russell is a move in the right direction.

How come bluegrass_jacket hasn't posted again?

just heard from a cousin oif mine whose wife works at a company with the sister of someone whose housekeeper lives with a custodian at the Edge center and I heard that they (Russell etc.) are waiting to see who wins the Super Bowl and design Tech's uniforms along the lines of the winners. remember you heard it here first.....:dunno:

Those would be great either way.

Anyone remember Pepper's last season when we had some players wearing pants with side stripes (like the steelers) and others wore the traditional Tech stripes?

Nowthats what I am talking about,nice looking unis that is backed by years of winning tradition.
Unfortunately, "tradition" means something you've been doing for a long, long time consecutively (w/o interruption). We have no tradition in uniforms in those terms.

The only real way to resume a lost tradition is to pick one of the old Dodd uni's. Anything from '45 - '66. Unfortunately, we had no consistency even back then. I like these, myself. I also like the 1970 uniform, too, but that's beyond Dodd's time.

kim-king.jpg

555619.jpeg

Tradition I think is having a three stripe design down the pant sides, some stripes going around the arm, and a stripe down the helmet.

In various colors!

Tradition I think is having a three stripe design down the pant sides, some stripes going around the arm, and a stripe down the helmet.

In various colors!
:hsnono:
I rather us not mess with the gold helmet..
The white helmet we wore in the past is ok also

tradition i think is having a three stripe design down the pant sides, some stripes going around the arm, and a stripe down the helmet.

In various colors!
damn right and no slashes and pin stripes and other nfl bengal mess.

Unfortunately, "tradition" means something you've been doing for a long, long time consecutively (w/o interruption). We have no tradition in uniforms in those terms.

The only real way to resume a lost tradition is to pick one of the old Dodd uni's. Anything from '45 - '66. Unfortunately, we had no consistency even back then. I like these, myself. I also like the 1970 uniform, too, but that's beyond Dodd's time.

kim-king.jpg

555619.jpeg

I beg to differ my friend.Dodd put numbers on the shoulder pads in middle fifties and they stayed there until he retired.He removed the stripe from the gold helmet and in later years wore white pants at times when tech played away games.In his last year he did use white helmets but for over twenty years he changed little.Pepper put numbers on the sleeves but had same pants and he put stripes on helmets.Lewis kept Ross unis but even then the away unis were the same as dodds home ones.Biggest change was Carson and his total new look and Chan with gold shirts at home.PJ has been handed awful unis so maybe new ones will be traditional.Hey should have said Ross used old Dodd unis for away games.Lewis used Curry unis and the dark jerseys.My point is that we have had numbers on the shoulder pads,stripes around the sleeves and gold pants with stripes for most of fifty years and of course except for a few years,gold hats.To me that is tradition.Remember GOL saying Techwould wear white at home since that was what tech was all about.

So this is my mind numbing nemesis returned. Yet another chronicling of historical patterns and colors at Tech. The offseason is a cruel mistress.

So this is my mind numbing nemesis returned. Yet another chronicling of historical patterns and colors at Tech. The offseason is a cruel mistress.

To be a registered Stingtalker you should have to specify your allegiance in your sig:

-Vegas or Old Gold
-Traditional or Modern Unis

Then, we could skip all the uni threads and concentrate on posting about whether passing more or executing the option better is more important.

FWIW - Old Gold, Traditional Unis.
FWIW - IMHO, Executing the option better will solve our passing issues (QB accuracy not included). A QB and Bback that can score at any time will solve ALL of our issues.

To be a registered Stingtalker you should have to specify your allegiance in your sig:

-Vegas or Old Gold
-Traditional or Modern Unis

Then, we could skip all the uni threads and concentrate on posting about whether passing more or executing the option better is more important.

FWIW - Old Gold, Traditional Unis.
FWIW - IMHO, Executing the option better will solve our passing issues (QB accuracy not included). A QB and Bback that can score at any time will solve ALL of our issues
:cheers:

I need to clarify my earlier comments, while I stand by the previous statement about NEW uniforms, the jury is still out as to what uniform Tech will choose.

The one I saw is one of three possible unis we could wear this year. For the traditional folks out there, sorry to say, the three possible jerseys are very modern looking. CPJ said he didn't care, that the final decision is up to the players.

However, when it comes to what CPJ will wear, that is a different story. CPJ will only wear Navy Blue shirts period. I don't know if its chance or by design, but look at where he has coached. GA Southern, he wore navy, at the Naval Academy, he wore navy, at Ga. Tech, he only wears navy.

So again, we will have new uniforms, the only question is the style the players choose.

Back