New Helmet!

The honeycomb isn't too prominant. Add the blue on either side of the gold stripe, then a GT logo and it's the same as the throw-backs. I doubt you'll be able to see it very well from more than 30 rows back. It's Groh-ing on me. I want to see it with the GT on the side. Let's GOOOOOOOO!!!!!!

If the honeycombs were outlined in old gold they would be sweet!!

The helmet says Schutt on it.

You don't think a former player would know? Just because they produce the helmet doesn't mean they designed it.

Plus, if you look closely at this photo, the nose bumper on our helmets usually say 'ACC'. So, like EW79 said, there's no guarantee they're all made by the same company.

jaybo_action3_medium.jpg

Most southern yellowjackets live in the ground. But some do live in honeycombs.

I would be very surprised if Schutt had anything to do with these. A lot of people seem to think we have an exclusive helmet sponsor, but that's extremely rare in college football (I think West Virginia and Penn State have exclusive deals with Schutt, but those are the only ones that come to mind). Instead, we, like most teams, use Riddell, Schutt, Adams, and Xenith helmets. Different players wear different helmets based on personal preference.

The manufacturers generally have nothing to do with the helmet design, which is usually selected by the school either alone or in collaboration with their uniform supplier. A number of schools have gone with Hydro Graphics, Inc. to provide their helmet designs (Oregon's chrome domes, Notre Dame's extra shiny helmets, Maryland's flag helmets), but the designs usually come from either the school or Nike/Adidas/Under Armour. So unless Ken has some inside information, I assume Russell and the AA are responsible for this design.

This thread is now hall of fame material.

That is chicken wire!! The size is exact...It needs to be larger hexagons!

you guys are being so lame you have to see this helmet in person.

the hex is gold; behind it in white its 3D. It is a bad arse helmet visually. This isn't just some dumb plain hex over white paint. it is going to pop like hell in person under lights. I hope TV picks it up.

the hex is gold; behind it in white its 3D. It is a bad arse helmet visually. This isn't just some dumb plain hex over white paint. it is going to pop like hell in person under lights. I hope TV picks it up.

Can't wait to see it!

If the players are hyped up about it, I'm all for it.

Dems, what is your take on the unis that will be worn with these? Updated or same style as last year?

Back