New Helmet!

Because there is no other major college team whose mascot resides in a hexacomb?

I guess it boils down to a gut-level feeling. To me, this is just absolutely stupid and stupid-looking. But, I don't think that's altogether a bad thing as long as it's just one game. Obviously, it has become trendy to have intentionally cheesy uniforms. And the players probably like being a part of the trend. Gives everyone something to talk about too.

Just keep that design off the field, please...

http://www.stingtalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=65492

fukkin nailed it!

y'all can call me buzztheirasstrodamus.

i like it but also think that my initial thoughts on it being a shiny gold helmet with a darker airbrushed gold would look better but...this is still pretty cool. hope that this is just the tip(just the tip, just for a second) and that the whole uniform comes together well.

Every player in practice is wearing the helmets today, even the players who will not travel to VT. Thus the helmes are intended for multiple uses.
A logo will be placed on the sides the day before the first game. That is they way they have always done it. Those players who travel and dress out get the logo. The redshirt freshmen and others will not.

Every player in practice is wearing the helmets today, even the players who will not travel to VT. Thus the helmes are intended for multiple uses.
A logo will be placed on the sides the day before the first game. That is they way they have always done it. Those players who travel and dress out get the logo. The redshirt freshmen and others will not.

I suppose they don't know what the logo will be yet?

I love it. A+. Now I hope Russell doesn't F up the uni's. I won't hold my breathe.

46c18051-4da7-ba06.jpg
[/QUOTE]

Knowing Russell's mo. Im definitely going to go out on a limb and say this is the template for Mondays unis

419281_10150574372496631_66871171630_9375386_1325657389_n.jpg

Last edited:
It's actually not that bad as far as "designer" helmets go. Way better than the Maryland helmets and the fake black helmet with two different golds.

The key will be wearing normal uniforms so the whole thing doesn't look stupid.

I see a white jersey with this design in the shoulders and arms

If you look closely at practice pictures from camp you see the comb pattern under the arms on the undershirts. The jersey will likely mimic those.

If you look closely at practice pictures from camp you see the comb pattern under the arms on the undershirts. The jersey will likely mimic those.
And this is exactly what I don't want. This will look tacky and stupid. If you carry that motif down into the jersey, it becomes the dominant theme of the uniform. And it would look like those Maryland jerseys that should be burned.

it says in the ajc that it was schutt...

Schutt makes the helmets, not the uniforms. Russell makes the uniforms.

Back