New-look defense offers fresh start for Georgia Tech

Just because some idiot calls something an engine that don’t make it no engine.

Unless people who call themselves sanitary engineers are really engineers.

My grandfather went to Tech in the 1920s. I always wondered it he was secretly Chinese.

I read somewhere that every third child born in the world today would be Chinese. My wife and I stopped after two kids, so we don't know if that's true.
We had three, but it's still a small sample size, if they're talking about average.

Not all of us are Chinese.

o_rry.jpg

My grandfather went to Tech in the 1920s. I always wondered it he was secretly Chinese.

I read somewhere that every third child born in the world today would be Chinese. My wife and I stopped after two kids, so we don't know if that's true.
Saxon, I knew there was something redeeming about you.

Saxon, I knew there was something redeeming about you.
I'm really into Atlanta history, and have been helping my aging dad write his memoirs, that have a lot about my grandfather. He came back from the Navy after WWI and enrolled at Tech. Didn't graduate because he found work that paid well beforehand, but he started a business near the campus and knew all the Tech players for many years. Sat in the West Stands. I was raised by his son to pull against Tech as our greatest rival, but to respect them. Which is rare in this rivalry on either side. Plus I had a whole lot of Tech buddies (more than I had UGA buddies) growing up. Hung out on the Tech campus more than the UGA campus. I'm an outlier to say the least.

https://www.myajc.com/sports/colleg...tech-victor-alexander/I1Sd9aymrPouGtlyM0EMmN/

Victor Alexander is pumped about playing the "jack" linebacker position in Woody's defense. I think he's the type of guy who could really benefit from the change. He led the team in tackles last year with 60, but only 2 were for a loss and he only had 2 sacks. Dang our defensive stats were putrid last year. It's obvious, but it bears repeating because they were just really that bad in terms of actual consequential plays. I'd be surprised if those numbers don't jump at least somewhat this year.

Back