New staff beginning to take shape

How do you hire assistants like Burton, Hixon, and Choice without knowing who the OC and DC are going to be? I would think an OC would want to have say in who his running backs coach is.

If you place more an emphasis on recruiting than teaching/coaching, you can. It’s not like these guys are without experience. Position group coaching isn’t rocket science. You teach the fundamentals to achieve coordinator’s scheme.

[QUOTE="thwg, post: 2255952, ]We also will have two unpaid consultants who will hang around some. You might have heard of them; Fridge and O'L.[/QUOTE]
Any chance they can design some sort of Portal so Coach can talk to Coach Ross like Vader did with Emperor?

Demetra would be awkward with anyone. He's plays it so straight and stiff. But whatever, who cares about the radio guy.

If I was an OC coming in with Collins, I'd like to keep someone from the old CPJ's offensive staff. We're still allowed to run some triple option packages, and we certainly will have the personnel to run it for the next two years. The play itself is pretty much money in short yardage and goal line situations.

+100000 it will be a nice change to be focusing on recruiting again with people who have experience here
Giff is a good recruiter, but Geoff was a huge reason behind the scenes that Giff looked great. Geoff did a lot of modernizing of our recruit contact methodology and did a huge amount of daily contact. Without Geoff, we don't go to CPJ's first Orange Bowl.

There's a reason Saban threw open the bank vault for Geoff instead of Giff, when we would not even put Geoff on the field.

If I was an OC coming in with Collins, I'd like to keep someone from the old CPJ's offensive staff. We're still allowed to run some triple option packages, and we certainly will have the personnel to run it for the next two years. The play itself is pretty much money in short yardage and goal line situations.

With one less TO program around, there should be some assistants happy to get the job, and I agree: We should keep some elements of the offense around to make the best use of our current athletes.

I thought he only played one game as QB, an epic game, and then played like 3 other positions; but probably spent most his time at TE.
I mostly remember him as a hybrid TE, WR

Giff is a good recruiter, but Geoff was a huge reason behind the scenes that Giff looked great. Geoff did a lot of modernizing of our recruit contact methodology and did a huge amount of daily contact. Without Geoff, we don't go to CPJ's first Orange Bowl.

There's a reason Saban threw open the bank vault for Geoff instead of Giff, when we would not even put Geoff on the field.
Hidden figures

Back