New staff beginning to take shape

I feel bad for ever doubting Todd. This feels like the right kind of hire - not the old school (dare I say, stodgy) figurehead(s) that we've been used to - not specifically CPJ, but multiple coaches back. The product on the field needs to be there as table stakes, but I'm ecstatic about someone who will relate to recruits, sell GT, and win back the city of Atlanta. One thing I love about CGC's resume is that he has relationships with the best GT players / coaches across the past 3 regimes - Joe Ham years, Calvin and Tashard, and then CPJ's first team. And he seems like the guy who won't be ashamed to leverage those all star GT players from the past 20 years to sell the school. Calvin Johnson: Recruiting Advisor, anyone?

IF OP's staff hires are accurate - we're getting all the BEST GT MEN possible to represent the program to 18 year old recruits.

Hixon coming back to coach WRs.
Nate Burton/former GT player also coming with GC from Temple.
Hopefully/possible talking to Tashard Choice to coach RBs.
Larry Knight, https://owlsports.com/staff.aspx?staff=763

2 rumors but looking likely:

George Godsey (OC/QB)
Liam Klein - Kennesaw State - maybe DL coach not sure which means Giff Smith/Eric Henderson unlikely

If you believe recruiting matters, you're going to like this staff a lot! Will post more as I know it.

Bolded is a huge understatement.

Larry Knight is real, and has a Georgia background. Liam Klein did a lot of the same things Geoff did at the Flats, and for a long time.

Any rumors on O and D coordinator? O coordinator is going to be critical to bridge the gap as recruiting takes shape over a few seasons.

I’m not super stoked for Godsey...he kinda sucked his first go around as OC for the Texans. Maybe there were some other factors there, but I really want an innovated run and gun with tons of presnap motion.

I’m not super stoked for Godsey...he kinda sucked his first go around as OC for the Texans. Maybe there were some other factors there, but I really want an innovated run and gun with tons of presnap motion.
Oh yea, liking me some presnap motion

Well yeah they had brock oswiller and tom savage as their qbs. Who wouldn't suck? The invested all their draft picks on D. Even now their OL is awful. DW has broken ribs and couldn't even fly on a plane this year.

This guy hates UGa. (Not photoshopped.)

iu

Back