New Tech QB Haynes King, Texas A&M to Georgia Tech

GaTech'06

Varsity Lurker
I'm excited about this addition. Outside of the talent King brings I think we get:
  • Better spacing in QB class age.
  • King is a coach's kid and hard worker. Will be good in the locker room.
  • Steel sharpens steel. I think Pyron and King will push each other to be better.
  • I could see a world where Pyron and King are both part of game planning with some specific packages for each.

M39Buzz

Time flies like arrows. Fruit flies like bananas.
This was my favorite part... CBK shooting straight and inspiring these young men to join him and the staff in making GT better!

"My talks with coach Key were good. It was kind of warming. It felt good and he is straightforward with us and he is going to tell us how it is going to be and that nothing is given to you."

malak05

Varsity Lurker
Well King has tons of tools and highly recruited Jimbo Fisher offense is very tough to learn and even though he won the starting job he had up and downs within offense. We don't know what our new OC perhaps will run bet I suspect he will run more of your standard concepts that Pyron or King are familiar with and between Buster and Weinke and the competition both of these guys strive

CorpusJacket

Varsity Lurker
My Aggie in-law says King has tremendous athletic skills. Fast, and was a complete legend in HS ball. His weakness was dealing with the pressure applied by SEC-caliber defenses. But maybe Wienke can help him with that. Spring practice will be interesting.

TechRush

Dodd-Like
It looks like he redshirted and played one full game as a freshman before injury. Then he played two games his sophomore year. ATM was overrated at 6. They lost to App St. He did not have a good game, and Jimbo needed a fall guy.

He won't have the same pressure here. We had a QB that was hit or miss for almost three seasons. Some QBs need time to develop while others never seem to no matter how much time you give them

JJacket

Declared dead for tax purposes.
My Aggie in-law says King has tremendous athletic skills. Fast, and was a complete legend in HS ball. His weakness was dealing with the pressure applied by SEC-caliber defenses. But maybe Wienke can help him with that. Spring practice will be interesting.
Like Vandy, Kentucky, Missouri, Arkansas?

SEC defenses aside, he's a fine pickup for GT

GTFLETCH

Dodd-Like
Paul Catalina's Top 5 Transfer Portal QB Commitments from the Weekend | Collin Schlee | Jeff Sims | Haynes King | Shedeur Sanders | Nick Evers
Interesting comments on both King & Sims

CorpusJacket

Varsity Lurker
Like Vandy, Kentucky, Missouri, Arkansas?

SEC defenses aside, he's a fine pickup for GT
The SEC defenses reference is by the Aggieboy, not me. I love the collective eye roll from our posts on this. I think the issue was decision making as in throwing into coverage when another target is open. Considering King’s skill set, Pyron may have a battle on his hands for the starting job.