New Tech QB Haynes King, Texas A&M to Georgia Tech

Akinji07

Moderator you deserve
Staff member
The right coach can take a walk-on nobody like Bennett and turn him into a Heisman winner and the wrong coach can take a 5 star QB prospect like King and turn him into trash. Fortunately for him and us, we have two quarterback whisperers on staff so he came to the right place to turn his life and career around. If we can get that OL to be serviceable and give him some speed at WR he’s going to shine and be your new favorite player.

CornerBlitz

To be the man you have to beat the man
The great thing is that both King and Pyron have the ability to run a RPO or spread offense (Air Raid) with designed run type offense well.
Good discussion…I view the spread and air raid differently even though they use some similar concepts. Air raid is much more pass heavy and typically runs out of 10 personnel while spread will include 11,12 and 21 personnel with more focus on the run game.

that said, Pyron just seemed to read the game better than the other QBs last year…he’s been well coached. I’m excited to see how weinke/foster build this offense. I expect a strong RPO game which progresses from whatever style run game they choose. Should be fun.

gt9589

Smile... you love us.
To be fair Pyron did have a few INTs throwing into double coverage or locking onto a receiver. The thing he does have are intangibles of a winner and a leader. I can’t wait to see him compete with the other QB in the spring. We’ll need them both before year’s end next year. It’s inevitable with dual threat QBs these days as we proved again this year.

etc79

Dodd-Like
Haynes King, Georgia Tech Quarterback joins 365 Sports to discuss the transfer portal process, his thoughts on why Georgia Tech was the right choice for him, his time at Texas A&M, and more.

Very impressive interview, seems like a well grounded kid, I hope he works out with GT

CornerBlitz

To be the man you have to beat the man
I certainly hope you're wrong with your conjecture, but King's delivery does concern me. Hopefully, Weinke and Faulkner can work with him on it.
It’s a fair point…his delivery is Tebo-esque. Weinke has some work to do but there is a strong base skill set.