No excuse for this.

When we played Clemson to the wire, I thought it was just one of those close games top teams have. Then when we dominated ranked UNC, I thought maybe, just maybe we’re on the upswing.

Then I was reminded we are still indeed Georgia Tech.
This is exactly why I didn't jump on the we beat UNC, we are gonna win the ACC bandwagon. This coach will never win the ACC nor beat UGA. Sad thing is that I'm starting to not care anymore. It's just a game, dog.

When we win they don’t post. It must be really depressing and sad to never truly celebrate success, but revel in failure like you are happy about it.
He bled all over the board this week after a big win. I guess he just likes to bleed.

After the positive vibes that came from the UNC win I was not expecting a performance like we got this afternoon. No doubt things unraveled early with the two turnovers and getting down two scores. I’m a fairly positive Tech fan though, so even when we were down 35-14 I thought if we could get a score, we would be receiving the 2nd half kickoff and could put ourselves back in the game.

Instead I got up and left when we false started with 3rd and goal from their 1 with about two minutes left in the half. A very deflating day and I’m pretty much disgusted at this point. Everything positive that I took from the UNC win just got turned right back to negative.

After the positive vibes that came from the UNC win I was not expecting a performance like we got this afternoon. No doubt things unraveled early with the two turnovers and getting down two scores. I’m a fairly positive Tech fan though, so even when we were down 35-14 I thought if we could get a score, we would be receiving the 2nd half kickoff and could put ourselves back in the game.

Instead I got up and left when we false started with 3rd and goal from their 1 with about two minutes left in the half. A very deflating day and I’m pretty much disgusted at this point. Everything positive that I took from the UNC win just got turned right back to negative.
I think you are being over reactive as well. Just me though.

A QB on his 45th start (iirc) went off on us today. He is very good and had an OL we could not penetrate to get any pressure on him.

Pitt is a very good team. We’re young. I still think CGC will get it done.
Not until CGC öööö cans our nitwit offensive play caller who cannot seem to find a way to score from the red zone. 1st and goal in the zone twice and we go backwards and get no points. That's on staff.
What's so hard about lining up the QB under center on the one yard line to be closer to the point of attack and proceeding...sneak,dive, pitch, roll out, pass or other as opposed to dancing around 6 yards back?
Hmm...our last coach didn't have this problem.

Pitt is a very good team. We’re young. I still think CGC will get it done.
What does get it done mean? For example when Coach Johnson was pushed out, the folks in the "Know" (think AD TSTAN, PAT Swilling) really thought Geoff Collins could get us to B2B 9 win seasons on the regular... Something that hasn't happened since GT left the SEC. Coach Collins played to that thinking about "National Conversation"

So what does "get it done" mean? If we wanted to keep winning 7 games and an occasional ACC title and OB appearance we should have hired Jeff Monken. Hell we would probably be in the ACC hunt this year with how piss poor Clemsuck, FSU, and UNC is...Tobias would have the Flexbone option humming....

DO you think Geoff Collins can get us back to a bowl game (6 Wins a season) on the regular or Chan Gaily era 7 wins with zero wins over UGA., or Coach Paul Johnson level an ACC Title, and 3 wins over UGA... Or Bobby Ross winning a Natty? What does get it done mean??

For me...taking 5 years to win 7 games...would be a real shame and show that the folks (AD TSTAN/Pat Swilling) really screwed up... I am looking for B2B 9 win seasons, ACC title and OB or CFP stuff.... to me that is "national conversation stuff" The entire coaching staff sucks.... I mean why is Derrick Mooore at South Carolina? I hope I am wrong, but it appears Georgia Tech football program has been set back years.

Last edited:
Yep, same here. I didn't need a win today -- I recognize the cupboard was bare it's still only half his players. But I needed us to at least be competitive.

If the cupboard was bare, it should be mostly his guys by now.

Did Pitt's coach run up the score because he's still pissed about the handshake last year?

Did Pitt's coach run up the score because he's still pissed about the handshake last year?
I honestly doubt Narduzzi or Collins cared about that anymore by the time kickoff arrived. I sure as öööö did, but öööö like that is one reason I don't belong in leadership roles.

Back