No Respect- CFN ranks GT #40 in their Preseason Rankings

images
images

GT is ranked #40 with a predicted record of 8-4.

UNC is ranked #13 with a predicted record of 6-6.

I really think the people who run that site are on drugs. Based on the flaws pointed out in this thread, I'm not aware of a crappier preseason CFB publication or website.

Maybe they made a mistake?

How the hell can you actually publish a poll and rank teams with better predicted records lower than teams with worse predicted records?

Maybe they made a mistake?

How the hell can you actually publish a poll and rank teams with better predicted records lower than teams with worse predicted records?

When I think of their editorial staff I'm thinking of two 23 year olds with a case of Keystone Light, some Ritalin and and a pepperoni pizza who've barely started and are trying to beat a deadline that comes in 45 minutes. It's just crap. A lot of the records make no sense and the blurbs are just **** that anybody could spew out. ST challenge: Find and post a crappier preseason website than this one.

The poll is pretty piss terrible, but it does mention at the start that this poll is based on how good they feel the team is ATM, and does not factor in how they will end the season. So I guess they feel unc is alot more talented than many teams in the country, but will implode at some point this season. Same could be said for Washington I guess.

UNC opens at LSU. compare the schedules and see if it makes sense.

UNC opens at LSU. compare the schedules and see if it makes sense.
Dude. 6-6.

You're telling me they're gonna jump to #13 for losing to LSU(Who is ranked 9 spots BEHIND UNC)? Because they sure won't get there by winning 6 games.

Meh. Who really gives a rat's butt....

what they think. It's just someone's opinion.

Just like polls. I understand the tangible value of higher rankings such as recruiting advantages, etc etc. but as far as "respect".....I could give a rat's arse what they think. It's just an opinion. We just need to win our games. Look at Boise State. I'd MUCH rather go undefeated and be ranked number two (like Boise State) than lose to (UNC, Miami, VT, pick one) and be number one.

And the polls are ALWAYS wrong. How do I know that? Because they change every week.

Many people seem to have forgotten that the idea is to WIN your games - not impress some jack wagon sportwriter.

It will play itself out on the field.

Re: Meh. Who really gives a rat's butt....

what they think. It's just someone's opinion.

Just like polls. I understand the tangible value of higher rankings such as recruiting advantages, etc etc. but as far as "respect".....I could give a rat's arse what they think. It's just an opinion. We just need to win our games. Look at Boise State. I'd MUCH rather go undefeated and be ranked number two (like Boise State) than lose to (UNC, Miami, VT, pick one) and be number one.

And the polls are ALWAYS wrong. How do I know that? Because they change every week.

Many people seem to have forgotten that the idea is to WIN your games - not impress some jack wagon sportwriter.

It will play itself out on the field.

Except it's more than a jack wagon sportswriter. This thing is just a little below the average opinion of our program by most people outside of Tech. The opinion of the school effects ranking, recruiting (in many, many ways), what bowl game we play in and who we play, even the money the program can make. What make this such a gut punch if CFN has been pretty damn favorable to us in the past. The first paragraph of the post-Orange Bowl right up was how the option CAN work, not about blueprint ****. And that same group just said we're an inch above mid-tier bowl team.
Basically a case of you think you're making progress and then someone slaps that notion out of you.

This is NOT just about disagreeing with an opinion. Some opinions are so illogical and unreasonable that they merit objective criticism.

"The best team in the country will be Washington State, who will amass a record of 2-10."

It says staff article but I doubt pete Fiutak had any input. He's always on techs and pjs nuts

Back